First United Methodist Church, Clermont, Florida is seeking an individual desiring to follow a call to full-time ministry with children, birth through 5th grade, and their families. This individual needs to be highly motivated and creative, a self-starter who is able to inspire and motivate others to serve in a large children's ministry. This individual should implement cutting edge ministry with a vision to share Jesus Christ with children and teach them to walk with Him.
Must have accepted Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior
Must have a lifestyle that reflects Christian disciplines - be of strong moral character
Must have proven leadership qualities necessary to inspire confidence, cooperation, and
involvement in ministry.
Must have a passion for children and a definite sense of calling to this ministry.
Must have a Bachelorďż˝€™s Degree in Religion/Christian Education or a related field.
Minimum 3 years full time education ministry in a church.
Understanding of United Methodist church theology and ministries.
Experience and proven ability to relate positively with people of all ages.
Proven ability to organize effectively and efficiently.
Administrative and computer skills.
Propensity for self-motivation.
Maturity and confidentiality in handling sensitive material.
Experience and proven ability to work well in a team environment.
1. Develop, coordinate and implement the vision and strategies for all aspects of the childrenâ€™s ministry including, but not limited to, Sunday School, Nursery, Early Childhood Ministry, Elementary Age, VBS, seasonal and special events.
2. Provide a systematic, well-planned, intentional approach for spiritual growth for various
ages (succession planning.)
3. Understand the current culture and provide relevant teaching techniques and methods to
communicate biblical truths to various ages.
4. Work with the Safe Sanctuary coordinator to ensure childrenâ€™s workers and leaders are
screened before placing them in ministry.
5. Organize training and planning sessions for childrenâ€™s leaders/workers.
6. Organize the classrooms and ensure their cleanliness and safety and work with the Child
Development Center on sharing space.
7. Develop, post and enforce policies pertinent to the childrenâ€™s ministry department.
8. Approve all childrenâ€™s ministries programs, curricula, activities and disbursement of funds
For supplies and projects, keeping within the budgeted amount.
9. Schedule all teachers and find substitutes when necessary.
10. Meet regularly with the Parents in Action council to address needs, discuss concerns, answer questions, and strategize overall plans for the childrenâ€™s ministry.
11. Coordinate all promotions of childrenâ€™s ministries.
12. Keep ongoing record of attendance, both of workers and children, and relay that information to the Safe Sanctuary coordinator and the Sunday School Secretary.
13. Be available to counsel and pray with children and parents regarding spiritual matters.
14. Partner with the Child Development Center on crossover opportunities including employee training, parenting seminars, VBS and other childrenâ€™s events.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Preschool & Children's MinistriesFBC Greeneville
- Greeneville, Tennessee
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryFellowship Bible Church of the Ozarks
- Rogersville, Missouri
- January 17
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
First United Methodist Church of Clermont
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: â€śMaking Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the Worldâ€ť OUR VISION STATEMENT â€śEncountering Christ, Growing in Christ, Sharing Christ Wherever We Go!â€ť More...