This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Associate Pastor
Milwaukie, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 09/15/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
GRACEPOINTE CHURCH is a biblically centered, culturally relevant, multi-generational church that is focused on impacting the world with the Good News of God’s grace beginning in its own community and reaching to the ends of the earth. GracePointe currently has 500 attenders each weekend, is rapidly growing, and is strategically located to make a huge difference in Milwaukie, Oregon and throughout metro Portland. The church is blessed with a strong 60-year history, tremendous facilities, a unified staff and leadership team, and key strategic partnerships. The church is known for it’s strong, practical Bible teaching, the warmth of the people, and it’s heart for the community. In 2010 Mike Fleischmann was called as Lead Pastor to continue GracePointe’s legacy by helping to lead toward a new and expanded vision for ministry and impact.
GracePointe Church is looking for a SENIOR ASSOCIATE PASTOR who can join their staff team to work in close partnership with the Lead Pastor to help strengthen the core of their ministries, body, and staff effectiveness. He will do this through…
- MINISTRY MOBILIZATION: Giving leadership with the staff, lay leaders, ministry teams, and volunteers to develop new strategic initiatives and to strengthen key ministry areas.
- PASTORAL LEADERSHIP: In keeping with his particular gifting, having a strong pastoral presence in the church including teaching, pastoral care, and ministerial functions.
- STAFF TEAM BUILDING: Partnering with the Lead Pastor to help build the staff team through coaching, encouragement, partnership, and example.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES for this position will have…
- Strong personal character with a proven track record of integrity in their personal and family life, interpersonal relationships, and local church life.
- Complementary attributes to the existing staff team, bringing a strength mix and experience background that will both fit and enhance the Lead Pastor and the existing staff.
- Internal motivation, with a proven track record of being a self-starter who is able to motivate both himself and others to initiate projects and see them through to completion.
- Organizational competence, with a proven track record in a multi-staff setting, including effective communication, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Strong pastoral experience with a proven track record of seasoned pastoral ministry – teaching, leading, and caring. It is expected that this will include formal, theological and ministry training along with an extended background of vocational pastoral ministry.
For MORE INFORMATION, or to submit your resume, please contact: