This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Leader
Faith Presbyterian Church
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 09/14/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Description: Contemporary Service Worship Leader
Summary: The Worship Leader for the Contemporary Worship Service will oversee all aspects of the programming for the Contemporary Worship Service which include, but are not limited to leading the worship team (band), and leading the congregation in worship at Faith Church.
Accountability: The Contemporary Worship Leader will report to the Senior Pastor, Church Administrator and Session of Faith Church. The Contemporary Worship Leader will also provide verbal reports at staff meetings and written reports as instructed.
Duties: The Contemporary Worship Leader will oversee and lead all aspects music selection, preparation, practice, and performance of music worship every Sunday morning at the Contemporary worship service (10:45 am.)
The Contemporary Worship Leader will oversee and provide leadership for the following:
• Leading the Worship Band (Lion Tracks). This includes setting and leading band practice, selecting and mentoring band members if necessary,
• Selecting music for the weekly worship service. This usually consists of working with the preaching pastor with regards to sermon style and theme including bible passages for that particular week.
• Preparing visual media for song presentation and transmitting said media to tech team on a weekly basis.
• Leading corporate worship every Sunday morning at the Contemporary worship service. This usually consists of an opening song or two, then a longer set prior to the offertory of four or more songs, a piece during the offertory, then a closing song. This format is of course flexible, and can and will change as needed.
• Other worship leader opportunities arise during the year as well including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. Guest appearances during the Classic Worship service are also encouraged throughout the year.
Profile and Qualifications:
Someone who contains, manifests and exhibits the following characteristics:
• A deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Growth in faith and a commitment to Jesus Christ.
• A leader and recruiter who invites and attracts younger people into worship.
• Feels an unmistakable call, and demonstrates a passion and zeal to lead people into the presence of Christ through vibrant, spirit filled worship.
• A talented musician who can lead a worship band and possesses and displays strong leadership qualities as a band leader.
• A gift for leading a congregation in connected music worship.
• A heart for mentoring band members and congregational members alike; both inside and outside the church into a deeper walk with Christ.
• An evangelical Christian who is clear about the Gospel and possesses a deep passion to share it, and a vision for seeing unchurched and disenfranchised people come to Christ.
• A humble team player who assimilates well into a ministry team.
• An organizer who can plan a unified worship service.
• An individual who can balance a part time music ministry position and an additional part time job.
Compensation: Part time salaried position; between $20,000 and $30,000 annually based on qualifications and previous work experience.