This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director, Spiritual Care ACPE
Portland, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 09/14/2011
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Director, Spiritual Care ACPE
Create your legacy.
Ours is a legacy of health and community. Of respect and responsibility. Of quality and innovation. It's the legacy we create every day at Legacy Health. And, if you join our team, it’s yours.
Legacy Health in Portland, Oregon is currently recruiting for an experienced Director, Spiritual Care- ACPE to join our team. As the sixth largest private sector employer in Oregon, we are a not-for-profit, tax-exempt corporation with more than 9,700 employees, five acute care hospitals and over 300 employed physicians and other providers in our medical group serving the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area.
And, if you join our team, it’s yours.
The Director of Spiritual Care and ACPE (Association of Clinical Pastoral Education) is an ordained minister of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) Oregon Synod, active and in good standing who provides services designed to meet the religious and spiritual needs of patients, their families and the organization’s staff. In addition to the Chief Administrative Officer at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center/The Children’s Hospital at Emanuel and Oregon Burn Center, the Director also reports to the Bishop of the Oregon Synod and the Pastoral Care Consultation Committee that oversees the ACPE training programs.
Successful candidates will have the following education and experience:
• Theological Seminary-educated clergyperson with a Masters of Divinity required.
• Minimum of five years in spiritual care with previous management experience preferably in a Level I Trauma healthcare environment for adults and children.
• Experience with using everyday technology tools (e.g., email, electronic charting, word processing, voicemail, internet/intranet) to access, organize and store job related information.
• Working knowledge of teaching theory, Standards and Objectives of ACPE and their application in the clinical healthcare setting.
• Certified as a Full Supervisor by the ACPE; Board certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC); endorsement by the Division of Specialized Ministry of the ELCA, Chicago IL, ordination and a recognized call by the Oregon Synod of the ELCA.
Legacy Health is committed to diversity, inclusion and cultural competency. As a nationally known and respected health care provider, Legacy Health offers a quality work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Applications are required and can be accessed through our website at www.legacyhealth.org. Please reference position number 11-5124 when applying. AA/EOE. For more information contact Felicia Rivers 503-415-5585. No recruiters please.