This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2012
Categories: Media/Technology - Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Media Specialist
Recruited By: Worship & Communications Pastor
Staff Grade: Support Staff
Accountability: Reports to Worship & Communications Pastor
Status: Full Time Salaried, Exempt
Principle Function: Responsible for primary FOH at weekend services and events, as well as video, motion graphic, graphic design, and/or stage & lighting design needed for all production events, as directed by the Worship & Communications Pastor.
Purpose: To provide high quality and excellent service, with the right heart attitude, offering media and audio support to the Worship & Communications Ministry, operating with integrity that which God has entrusted us with. In doing so, the mission and vision of the church can be carried out at all times.
1. Working Hours a) must be onsite for creative and design meetings with appropriate staff; b) must be onsite before, during and after Sunday services, as well as additional events and services
2. Run primary FOH for weekend services
3. Design appropriate video bumpers and/or media enhancements for weekend services or other events
4. Designing and programming stage backdrops and lighting.
5. Train volunteers for the running of FOH lighting consoles.
6. Script, shoot, and/or edit appropriate footage when needed
7. This job description is not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by employee’s supervisor.
1. Must be extremely proficient with digital audio consoles (Yamaha M7CL, specifically)
2. Must be familiar with computer applications that directly relate to work (Final Cut or similar, Motion, After Effects, etc)
3. Knowledge of various production elements preferred (ETC Ion board, various lighting, photography, audio production, stage design, etc)
4. Must be able to focus on task at hand
5. Must be biblically sound and exhibit personal conduct that reflects positively on the integrity of the church
6. Must be trustworthy and confidential
7. Must be a team player and have good people skills
8. Must have good discernment in making decisions
9. Highly creative
Education and Experience: Minimum of two years experience, high school graduate or GED with two (2) years college or work-related trade school preferred.
Organization Relationship: This position shall be directly accountable to the Production Director, and through the Production Director to the Worship & Communications Pastor. This position will have contact with church membership and paid staff.
Working Conditions: This position is approximately 40 hours per week. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Needed Attributes: The ideal candidate is detail oriented, keen initiative, ability to use discernment in making decisions, and a team player. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Spiritual gifts of creativity, leadership are helpful.
Benefits: Paid vacation, holidays & personal time, health, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, matching 403(b), and competetive salary, based upon experience.
Please submit your resume with references and portfolio to email@example.com for consideration. No calls, please.
Faithbridge Church is a 2011 Best Christian Workplace.