This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part-Time Children’s Director/Pastor @ The Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL
The Journey Church
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/13/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Are you called to minister to children and their families in South Florida?
The Journey – Boca is the latest location of The Journey Church, founded by Nelson Searcy in 2002 in New York City. The Boca location started in February 2011 and is growing rapidly. The position of part-time Children’s Pastor is currently available.
The Journey consistently has 200-300 adults and between 30 and 50 children attending weekend services, and expects continued growth.
Are you passionate about helping children learn about Jesus, connecting families to the life of the church, and assembling & growing a caring team of volunteers?
Are you intrigued by the idea of creating the “best hour of a child’s week” each Sunday?
Can you recruit, train and develop a team of volunteers to show God’s love on a weekly basis to an ever-expanding group of children?
Are you interested in helping a new, growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of “serving as part of discipleship” and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference in the lives of the children and families that God is sending to The Journey.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey Kidz ministry – including everything from curriculum and teaching to safety and security to volunteer recruitment and training.
- Requires the ability to effectively lead a team and to raise up new volunteers at a rapid rate. Solid organizational, administrative, and communication skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to get things done with excellence.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A solid calling to vocational ministry
- The ability to manage a large and growing children’s ministry system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- Experience with and passion for children and family ministry
- A drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable transitioning into this role and leading Journey Kidz to the next level?
(3) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Compensation: $18,000 - $20,000/year salary
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.