This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Contemporary Worship
First United Methodist
Marysville, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 09/13/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Position: Director of Contemporary Worship (15-20 hours/week)
Reports To: Director of Worship Arts
Marysville First United Methodist Church, located in Marysville, Ohio, was established in 1827 with seven members and has grown to now minister to over 1500 members and friends. We have two traditional and one contemporary worship service on Sunday mornings, as well as two contemporary youth worship times on Sunday nights. We seek a passionate, skilled musician to lead our Sunday morning contemporary praise team and our Sunday night youth worship.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Professing Christian committed to personal spiritual growth who considers this position a ministerial calling, not just a job
• Vocally and instrumentally talented musician able to direct the praise team while leading the congregation into authentic,
• Mature, organized individual able to communicate and work effectively with pastors, supervisor, media team, and lay
Responsibilities of the Position:
• Lead contemporary worship Sunday morning and youth worship Sunday night
• Select music for contemporary worship
• Plan contemporary worship with pastors and director of worship arts
• Schedule and rehearse worship team singers and instrumentalists
• Communicate with publications staff and sound/video teams
Send inquiries and supporting materials to Brian Luke, Director of Worship Arts, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or postal mail: 207 S. Court St., Marysville, OH 43030. Phone: 937-642-4712.