This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Worship
Arrow Heights Baptist Church
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The mission of Arrow Heights is to develop authentic disciples who know, love, and share Jesus Christ. We are looking for an energetic individual with a passion for the gospel and for creating worship experiences (both contemporary and blended) that are challenging, innovative, and designed to help people reach ever-increasing levels of spiritual maturity. This person must possess a definable call to the ministry, musical and vocal talent, and provide strong leadership skills to move our worship experiences to higher levels. The successful candidate will be a team player who can recruit, equip, and motivate volunteer teams. This person will work closely with the Senior Pastor, the Media/Marketing Director, and other staff members to develop and lead our worship experience.
Arrow Heights is located in Broken Arrow, OK, a suburb of Tulsa. We are always striving to reach our community with the gospel. During our morning services (1 contemporary – 1 blended), we use drama, media, and music to help people connect to the life-changing message of Christ. We also utilize these tools at special events through the year, such as our Living Christmas Tree.
* Minimum of four years experience preferred
* Minimum of a Bachelors degree preferred
* Proven ability and experience in engaging the congregation in authentic, passionate worship in both
contemporary and blended styles.
* Strong stage presence.
* Strong vocal skills.
* Experience with choir, orchestra, praise teams.
* Experience with recruiting, training and developing volunteer teams of musicians and worship team
members (vocalists, media, instrumentalists, and drama teams).
* Passionate about using creative means to engage and connect people of all ages and levels of spiritual
maturity to the message.
* A person of integrity, dependability, and creativity.
* Biblically informed.
* Good communication, relational, administrative, and organizational skills.
* Plan and provide worship for 2 Sunday morning worship services (1 contemporary – 1 blended).
* Rehearse and/or oversee praise team, adult choir, orchestra, praise band, hand bells, senior choir,
children’s choir, and other aspects of the worship ministry.
* Work with Sr. Pastor, Media Marketing Director, and other staff to plan and execute worship services
* Work with Worship Assistant to prepare sheet music, chord charts, and copies for songs.
* Stay current with new worship music and methods.
* Weddings, funerals, hospital visitation.
* Actively seek to welcome and engage guests on a personal level
* Other ministerial duties as assigned.
• The Associate Pastor of Worship reports to the Senior Pastor.
* The Associate Pastor of Worship will work closely with the Senior Pastor, will oversee the Media/Marketing
Director, and will work with other staff members to develop and coordinate the services.
Resumes from serious candidates may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or follow-ups please. We are screening candidates as the first step in the search process and will notify applicants as decisions are made.