This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Global Outreach
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 01/23/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Missions/Int.
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Global Outreach at Asbury United Methodist Church in Tulsa, OK, is responsible for the church’s strategic development and execution of the Global Outreach ministry. Asbury has chosen to focus its local and global mission efforts on development activities (further defined below) that make a systemic, long-term impact with constantly increasing engagement of the congregation. Working collaboratively with the rest of the church leadership team, the Director will be responsible for the coordination, facilitation, and communication of all Global Missions efforts, as well as build and maintain relationships with staff, the congregation, and our global ministry partners.
• Collaboratively facilitate the coordination and management of global mission efforts, including:
Missionaries and pastors in training
Support of global development projects
Nurturing ministry partnerships
• Recruitment and development of ministry leaders.
• Work with focus-area teams and the communications team to "market" global outreach to the congregation.
• Develop and manage policies guiding the conduct and execution of Global Missions. This would encompass both the “big picture” of global missions (policies and procedures), as well as field work, staffing, volunteer coordination, and liability and safety issues.
• Serve as a source of expertise to assist other Asbury ministry mission work (i.e., Student mission trips, Men’s ministry trips, etc.)
Requirements / Qualifications
• Full agreement with Asbury's MVO (Mission, Vision, Objectives) with demonstrated progress in all eight Objectives.
• Above average understanding of missional theology.
• Global missions training and experience. Lay leadership preferred.
• A demonstrated history of building successful relationships through a collaborative, team-based governance approach with multiple constituencies.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and work with complex environments and issues, including strategic policy development and execution.
• Temperament to work with the passion and nature of those in ministry positions; keen understanding of ministry drivers and local church dynamics.
• Effective communicator in writing and in public presentation.
• High accountability for budgeting and utilization of ministry funds.
• Availability for evening and weekend work (meetings, events.) This would include Sunday morning.
Asbury's Mission/Outreach ministry is divided into Global Outreach and Local Outreach; this position directs the Global Outreach portion. For purposes of definition, Global Outreach covers all such activity outside Oklahoma.
Outreach is critically important to Asbury's overall strategy to achieve our MVO (Mission, Vision, and Objectives). The direct, primary objective is to spread the Gospel; a critical, secondary objective is the spiritual development of our members. This underlying philosophy is oriented toward not just the development of the global communities we serve, but all of Asbury’s discipleship efforts.