This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Small Groups and Congregational Care
Capshaw Baptist Church
Harvest, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 09/08/2011
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR OF SMALL GROUPS AND CONGREGATIONAL CARE
Principal Function: The Pastor of Small Groups and Congregational Care is responsible for the development and promotion of the educational and small group program of the church
Job Classification: This position is an exempt (salaried) and full time position.
• Give leadership to the educational ministry of the church to include small group bible study, discipleship classes (DLIFE), and leadership development and training of Capshaw small group leaders.
• Give direction and supervision to the church's outreach and evangelism programs to facilitate through Capshaw small groups.
• Plan and promote fellowships, retreats, seminars, and lead training conferences which will enhance the spiritual growth and development of Capshaw small groups.
• Supervise the maintenance of accurate records for all small group and educational organizations to include the church membership roll.
• Create and maintain a Shepherding Program to ensure accurate tracking and of all Capshaw membership.
• Keep abreast of the latest trends, methods, curriculum, and materials as related to religious education and small groups.
• Serve as staff advisor for church committees as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Create and lead a comprehensive congregation care ministry at Capshaw through small groups. Lead in the visitation of prospects, visiting hospitals and, when called upon, assist in counseling, performing weddings, conducting funerals.
• Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws.
• Accept other assignments made by the Senior Pastor.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Requires a college degree.
• Prefer seminary work and/or degree.
• Requires experience as Minister of Education on a church staff or comparable business experience.
• Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
• Requires basic ability to use computer software.
• Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
• Requires exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups.
• Requires quality leadership skills.
• Requires exceptional administrative skills.
• Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
• Requires passing criminal and sexual misconduct background checks.
Prefer candidates to fax resume to 256-232-0022.
Please indicate "Pastor of Small Groups and Congregational Care" on your resume.
Capshaw Baptist Church
PO Box 187
Capshaw, AL 35742