This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Capshaw Baptist Church
Harvest, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 09/08/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Principal Function: The Pastor to Children is responsible for the development and promotion of a comprehensive program of religious education for children Kindergarten through the Fifth Grade.
Job Classification: This position is an exempt (salaried) full-time position.
• Coordinate the children's educational program in Sunday School/Bible Study, Discipleship Training, Wednesday Education, Missions, Vacation Bible School, and weekday activities.
• Enlist, train and develop leadership for the various organizations in the children's area.
• Lead all of the children’s workers in a systematic program of visitation, and pastoral care to those children in the hospital.
• Plan and conduct special projects for children such as retreats, summer camps, fellowships, summer programs, Easter Eggstravaganza, Fall Festival, etc.
• Administer any weekday special events for children.
• Supervise all children paid child-care personnel.
• Prepare and administer the annual children’s ministry budget.
• Keep up-to-date on the latest materials and methods in children's ministry.
• Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws. Perform all background checks on all children’s workers.
• Serve as staff advisor for church committees as assigned by the pastor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Requires a college degree. Seminary work or degree preferred.
• Requires 3-5 years of experience in working with children serving on a church staff or other children’s ministry position.
• Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
• Requires an understanding of the special needs and learning styles of children and an apparent love for them.
• Requires basic ability to use computer software.
• Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
• Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
• Requires passing criminal and sexual misconduct background checks.
Prefer candidates to fax resume to 256-232-0022 be sure to indicate "Children's Pastor" position.
Capshaw Baptist Church
PO Box 187
Capshaw, AL 35742