This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship and Education
Village Bible Church
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, United States
Date Posted: 09/06/2011
Categories: Christian Education - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Director of Worship and Education Ministry
Village Bible Church, Hot Springs Village AR
Position Purpose: Primarily, to design, direct, and lead the congregation in musical worship that is grounded in the great hymns of the past while recognizing and blending the current expressions of worship and praise. Secondarily, as Education Director, to assist the Pastors and staff in overseeing the ministry of Christian Education for children through adults. Thirdly, the Director of Worship/Education will further advance the purpose of Village Bible Church, which is to glorify God by making disciples who become growing and serving followers of Jesus Christ.
The Director of Worship shall:
1. provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to worship ministry
2. provide administration support for planning, staff development, and finances
The Director of Education shall:
1. provide leadership for the ongoing development of educational opportunities for church members to help them grow in their faith.
2. provide supervision and development of staff
3. provide administrative support for the educational programs and activities with adults and young people
Qualifications: Village Bible Church is seeking a professional leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, and has a strong desire to nurture people in the Christian faith. We seek a person who generates new ideas and programs and a person who values a team concept of ministry. The following qualifications are desirable:
1. Education in Music/Worship ministry, or significant experience in Worship Ministry; as well as an earned degree in Education, (preferably Christian Education), or significant experience and success leading in this area.
2. The ability to work with people in keeping with Biblical standards of 1 Timothy 3:1-10 and Titus 1:5-8 and in general agreement with our statement of faith.
3. Excellent organizational skills
Please send resumes to:
VBC Search Committee
100 Ponderosa Way
Hot Springs Village, AR. 71909
Please include your personal doctrinal statement and philosophy of worship
DEALINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOVEMBER 30, 2011