This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Outreach
Bethany United Methodist Church
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 02/21/2012
Categories: Evangelism Pastor - Outreach
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
This position is a key member of the leadership team with the responsibility of taking people from the market place to full participation in the church. Bethany is one of the 100 largest Methodist Churches in the country with a passion for reaching the un-churched. Please partner with us as we strive to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. (www.Bethanyumchurch.com)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up an assimilation system that takes people from the market place to full participation in the church.
• Respond to every first time visitor who signs in within 24-48 hours and reports the results to lead pastor.
• Follow up on first time visitors to insure they return for a second visit.
• Sets up fishing pools (social events under 100 where people come together, both members and non-members, and where your spiritual leaders and small group people go fishing for potential converts or group members).
• Keep the issue of reaching the unchurched before the staff and every program attempted by the church.
• Recruit and support a Parking lot team to cover every worship service 15 minutes before and after each service begins.
• Recruits and supports a Hospitality Team to insure there are greeters, two people to man the information booth 15 minutes prior to and after a service begins, and refreshments.
• Conducts regular membership training sessions (does not necessarily do all of it).
• Sets up monthly or weekly servant evangelism ministries.
• Oversees and insures that marketing is done around key times of the year or key sermon series.
• Create ways to increase the level of awareness of Bethany Church within the community
• Develop, disciple and multiply leaders
• Nights & Weekends required
??? Other duties as assigned
Work experience requirements:
• 3 – 5 years leadership and management experience
• 3 – 5 years marketing or advertising experience
• 3 – 5 years of experience with churches greater than 1500 members
• 3 – 5 years of church staff or lay leadership experience
• College degree or seminary degree is required.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be a mature growing follower of Jesus Christ
• Excellent relational and interpersonal communication skills
• Passionate and high energy leader
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Team Player
• Computer literate and solid user of PC/software
Please email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.