This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Shepherd of the Sierra
Loomis, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/31/2011
Categories: Business/Administration - Facilities Management
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
SHEPHERD OF THE SIERRA
The Church Administrator position is designed to allow the Pastor to focus on preaching, teaching, and pastoral care. As such, the Administrator is expected to oversee all other supporting activities. The Administrator will report to Session in this capacity and is expected to work seamlessly with the Pastor in providing leadership to the Staff and volunteers at Shepherd. The following areas summarize the main job responsibilities of the Church Administrator:
Buildings & Grounds:
• Work with Building & Grounds Ministry Team, Property Oversight Team, and volunteers to see that buildings are maintained and the grounds are attractive
• Identify long term maintenance needs and property development and plan for their implementation; for example, ensure irrigation system functions reliably, minimize utilities expenses, etc.
• Supervise contract janitorial and mowing services
• Work with the Administration Ministry Team to ensure that a balanced budget is prepared and presented to Session
• Ensure robust accounting practices are followed in compliance with all laws and guidelines
• Provide support and oversight of SOS treasurer and bookkeeper
• Work with the Gifts & Memorial Team and develop options for congregation to consider long-range contributions to the church
• Support and supervise Administrative Assistant
• Oversee materials purchases, equipment maintenance, contracts, insurance policies, etc.
• Maintain SOS policy handbook
• Work with the Director of Child and Family Ministries to manage criminal background checks, reference checks, and training of all officers, teachers, mentors, program volunteers and staff regarding policies for working with children and youth
• Administer all agreements with renters, guests using Shepherd of the Sierra property, and neighbors by establishing contracts, providing for usage expectations, handling financial payment and soliciting renter feedback. Example groups: Baby Steps, AA, Alanon, Quilters’ Guild, Dominican Sisters.
• Work with the Pastor to conduct monthly staff meeting with key representatives from ministry teams and hold regular one on one meetings with all assigned paid staff
• Support the activities of the ministry teams and ensure that they are coordinating their activities with other teams and affected parties
• Work with the Personnel Committee and Pastor to conduct and complete annual performance evaluations on all assigned paid staff
• Work with the Pastor and Administrative Assistant on the content and completion of the annual report, website, and monthly newsletter
• Attend monthly Session meetings
• Months per year and hours per week to be determined. (Estimated 11 months at 12-15 hours per week)
One year contract with quarterly evaluations of effectiveness.