This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Family Ministries/Children's Pastor
Freshwater Community Church
Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 08/31/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Freshwater Community Church is seeking to hire a Pastor or Director of Family Ministries
Freshwater is seeking a passionate person to fill the role of Pastor/Director of Family ministries. This person is directly responsible for the ministry of Kid City. This position may be filled by a person who may or may not carry ordination credentials. The role is to expand the ministry of Kid City which encompasses children from birth though grade 5 which includes a variety of programs on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, and Wednesday evenings (AWANA). They will lead a team of volunteers, recruit, teach, train, minister, and serve the member, attenders, and community through sustaining and developing a world-class children’s program. Freshwater currently has over 200 children involved in the Kid City program every week.
Applicants must include a cover letter stating why they desire the position as well as a complete resume with references. This should be sent to email@example.com. Applications will be taken until September 11th.
Freshwater Community Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (Freshwater) began in April of 1999. Since launching Freshwater has grown to over 600 in weekly attendance and is located in an 18,000 sq ft converted warehouse that sits on 2.5 acres of land. Our worship style is cutting edge and is performed by a variety of incredibly talented musicians over multiple services.
The St. Boni community is nestled in the western most part of the Minneapolis metro area just west of Minnetonka and is home to around 2000 people with another 90,000 within a ten mile radius of the church.
The people at Freshwater are willing to try just about anything in order to reach people for Christ, help them grow in their faith, discover their ministry and honor God with their life. The median age is around 35. Visit www.freshwaterchurch.org to research more about the ministry.
Title: Pastor/Director of Family Ministries
The short version:
We are looking for a motivated leader. The person who will serve in this position must be team oriented, fully supportive of the vision and purpose of Freshwater. We want someone who is interested in doing ministry, not just talking about it. We will hire someone who has the ability to motivate people, manage programs, and develop leaders. Ideally this team oriented leader will possess distinct developer/manager skills that will work hand in hand with the current staff . This person must be enthusiastic and magnetic, and have a desire to grow in their personal and professional life.
This position requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The Pastor of Family Ministries should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members/attenders and for regular communication with the church staff.
• 36k-53k salary range which includes optional benefits plan.
• Paid vacation
Position Focus for the Children’s Pastor at Freshwater Community Church
The role of the Pastor/Director is to lead the Children’s ministries from birth through grade 5 and advance the vision of Freshwater.
• Care for the members, attenders, and prospects of the children’s ministry through providing leadership in Kid City and its ministries including:
o Nursery ministry
o H2O ministry
• Recruit, lead, empower, and evaluate adult volunteers on a systematic basis.
• Effectively communicate with children and parents.
• Plan and follow through on several large scale events designed to reach children for Christ.
• Represent Freshwater in the community through participation in community events and activities.
? Training: Ensure that training happens twice a year in area specific ministries. This will happen in early spring and early fall.
? Implement Ministry Development Plan by ensuring all leaders are following the MDP calendar.
? All volunteers, leaders and teams will be evaluated in the spring.
? Recruit and lead volunteers actively through friendships, Crown College, training seminars, events, and ministries.
? Make sure that every volunteer is interviewed by a trained person prior to serving.
? Make sure a background check is conducted on volunteers within the ministry prior to allowing them to serve.
? Communicate monthly with all Kid City attendees en masse.
? Communicate monthly with all volunteers en masse.
? Recruit and lead 1 intern per calendar year for Kid City ministries.
? Ensure that every new Kid City attender is assimilated according to the Freshwater assimilation plan.
? Conduct at least 6 extracurricular events for Kid City such as: Pumpkin carving, movie night, etc.
? Cast vision through newsletters, training, and personal relationships.
? Complete remodeling project in Kid City by the end of November.
• If licensed, perform weddings and funerals as needed.
• Counsel individuals and couples.
• Mentor others.
• Participate in a small group.
• Engage in technology to accomplish the Vision of Freshwater.
? Manage a Kid City database
? Utilize Planning Center
• Prepare periodic reports.
• Manage a budget.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Complete continuing education requirements.
• Advance the Ministry Development Program through its implementation.
• Assist the Lead Pastor when needed.
• Report to the Lead Pastor and Board of Elders
• Work as a team with other staff.
• Complete other tasks assigned.
• Maintain a Christ-like attitude.
• Be a cheerleader of people.
• Empower others to do ministry.
• Attend professional conferences and seminars related to specific duties.
• Grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
• Must have a passion for Children and family ministry
• Must have a College Degree or extended experience in an identical field.