This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Arts
Centerpoint Community Church
Roseville, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/29/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP ARTS
For a more complete description of the church and community, please go to www.centerpointroseville.org and click "About Us" -- "Job Opportunities"
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and oversee the worship ministry of the church, coming alongside the church leadership to develop and deepen worship arts at Centerpoint. Create a worship atmosphere that engages and encourages authentic praise and adoration for God across multiple generations and styles.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of worship in the church.
- Oversee the crafting and management of all aspects of worship including order of worship, theme, song choices, sheet music, sound, visuals/slides, etc.
- Coordinate all weekly services (currently there are 4 with plans to expand to 5) and all special services in partnership with pastors, staff and volunteers.
- Collaborate with the lead pastor to set the tone and direction of worship in the church.
- Shepherd and pastor the worship teams and the congregation in authentic worship.
- Participate as worship leader in 2 or 3 of our weekly services. Coordinate with, supervise, and develop worship leaders and directors as needed to cover all services.
- Coordinate with and supervise a media director for all worship services
- Build effective worship teams for a spectrum of styles. Mentor and coach in the art of worship leading. Encourage and drive artistic quality.
- Oversee the building of a variety of special groups, such as bell choir, drama, ensembles, and special music.
- Participate in worship committee meetings. Manage, with the Session Elders, the worship budget.
- Resource music and personnel for church weddings, funerals and social functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strongly committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Mature in Christian faith and walk. Adheres to the Christian standard of moral conduct and to orthodox beliefs of faith, Christology, the scriptures, and church history.
- A commitment to invest in the people of the church and the life of the congregation. Approachable and involved.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and collaborate with energy and humility. Passionate about worship and the church.
- Commitment to the importance of Christian outreach through worship arts.
- Conversant and appreciative of worship styles ranging from traditional (choir, orchestra, hymns) to modern (praise band, choruses, contemporary).
- Demonstrated depth of expertise in at least one worship style including the ability to effectively lead the congregation in dynamic, participatory worship.
- Ability to introduce variety and creativity into worship that aligns with the personality of the congregation.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams
- Demonstrated ability and experience in a major worship leadership role (5 years preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
REPORTS TO: SENIOR PASTOR