This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children Ministries
Hendersonville First United Methodist Church
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 08/30/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Minister/Director of Children’s Ministry serves as a staff member of the church and has responsibility for creating a vision for the Children’s Ministry in concert with the vision, strategic goals, and objectives of the Family Ministry Department of HFUMC and the overall church. The Minister/Director will work with the pastors and staff to plan, implement and administer the Children Ministries at HFUMC.
The Minister/Director of Children Ministries reports to the Minister of Family Ministries of HFUMC and also works with the Associate Minister/Director of Children Ministries and a volunteer Children Ministries Team.
• Demonstrates a strong faith in Jesus Christ in life and in practice
• A strong commitment to the ministries and values of Hendersonville First United Methodist Church.
• Skills in recruiting, nurturing and supporting volunteers
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Has experience and passion for working with children and families
• Has a strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skill.
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university (preference given to candidates who have degrees/certifications in Children’s Ministries, Christian Education, other…)
• Minimum two years experience in a leadership role in a large children’s member congregation.
• Not Required
• Member of United Methodist Church and demonstrates knowledge of structure and organization of the United Methodist Church.
• High Energy and ability to move freely for long periods of time.
• Role models Christian behavior through actions, words, and lifestyle.
• Works with Minister of Family Ministries.
• Demonstrates spiritual growth personally and in the children and family ministries.
• Be an enthusiastic member of the Hendersonville First United Methodist Church team.
• Strives to fulfill the mission and ministry of HFUMC.
• Shows skill for recruitment of volunteers and delegation of responsibility appropriate to skill level of volunteer. Uses volunteer teams to help co-ordinate fundraising events, service projects, mission opportunities, Sunday School, and other programs and events in the Children Ministries at HFUMC.
• Have the ability to plan and execute large scale events.
• Maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times.
• Works as an effective member of the HFUMC staff and coordinates children’s activities in concert with other church ministry activities.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Displays ability to recruit, train, and empower adults for leadership roles in Children Ministries
2. Will seek to teach the Christian faith to children at HFUMC and in the Hendersonville, TN community within a Biblical Worldview and the Wesley/Arminian Tradition
3. Develops long range plans with the Minister of Family Ministries and the Children Ministry Team to assure spiritual growth and meet educational needs of children and parents/sponsors.
4. Develops and publicizes programs and events that will attract new families to the congregation
5. Works with the Church administrators to insure that the background files on all personnel working with children are updated regularly
6. Works with teachers and coordinators to evaluate and refine existing programs
7. Identifies and promotes other children’s programs as needs arise
8. Prepares an annual budget for the Children’s Ministries of HFUMC
9. Oversees Confirmation program in consultation with the Minister of Family Ministries and the Senior Pastor
10. Will serve as facilitator of the Children Ministry Team
11. Exhibits ability to create, plan, and execute programs within budgetary requirements using spiritual growth and safe sanctuaries policy and procedures as guiding principles.