This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader/Creative Arts Pastor
San Francisco, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/02/2012
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you called to serve in San Francisco?
Are you passionate about raising up musicians, artists and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music and arts ministry?
Are you interested in expanding and multiplying an already healthy volunteer structure?
Can you join with our staff to lead worship at a very high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians and artists in San Francisco?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
- A Solid Calling to San Francisco
- The ability to manage a growing community of musicians and artists
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
- Ability to play guitar and/or piano a plus
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
- Bachelor or Masters Degree or 'ministry experience' equivalent in music and worship leading
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for worship and the arts
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must have experience in a church of 200 or more
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a LINK TO A VIDEO of you leading worship.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to San Francisco?
(3) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.