This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Administrative Assistant to Student Ministries Pastor
New Venture Christian Fellowship
Oceanside, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/14/2011
Categories: Business/Administration - Secretarial/Office
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Ministry is booming at New Venture Christian Fellowship!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our Student Ministries staff!
The Senior Administrative Assistant to the Student Ministries Pastor works under the direct supervision of the Student Ministries Pastor and in harmony with other staff members/ministry leaders to fulfill the church’s vision and mission as established by the Senior Pastor.
This is a vital leadership role that is focused on bringing excellence and growth specifically to the area of Student Ministries at New Venture Christian Fellowship. The Sr. Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to be the right hand of the Student Ministries Pastor. This candidate must be able to take on much of the administration of the ministry so the Student Ministries Pastor can more fully focus on ministry and the overall vision. This person should be able to take on any number of different tasks as delegated by the Student Ministries Pastor.
New Venture Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational church located in the community of Oceanside, North San Diego County. We competitively offer a benefit package that includes a variety of employee contributed health and dental options, discounted school tuition for children attending our private Christian School, and a leave program that includes vacation and sick leave, plus 12 paid holidays a year.
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume with position title Senior Administrative Assistant - Student Ministries clearly indicated to:
New Venture Christian Fellowship
Attn: Search Committee
4000 Mystra Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Fax: (760) 945-7900
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Senior Administrative Assistant will help schedule and plan large and small scale events such as outreach projects, local trips, destination camps and other youth events as designated by the Student Ministries Pastor.
• The Senior Administrative Assistant will lead, direct and help provide hospitality services for student ministries such as greeting and welcoming teens follow up with visitors and prayer requests, and creating and maintaining a family atmosphere in our youth ministry.
• Provide administrative support (i.e. receiving/routing traffic as well as phone calls, solicitations, scheduling, materials, drafting correspondence and communications, photocopies, faxing, data entry, etc.) for student ministries and interface with other ministry leaders as needed or directed.
• Assist with ordering and reviewing resource materials needed or requested.
• Coordinate administrative aspect of student ministry presentation (ministry sign up sheets, clipboards, etc.)
• Coordinate resources and partners (ordering supplies, maintaining contact and effective communication with partners)
• Face-to-face contact with teens and parents, give information, prayer and occasional counsel.
• Calls to teens and parents to remind of events and outings, parent follow ups, personal prayer.
Weekly Welcome Area…
• Direct welcome staff (adult partners and teens).
• Maintain database of members and visitors.
• Follow up with visitors and members by phone or email.
• Direction of administrative support partners.
• Bi-weekly calls to remind/advertise events to students.
• Send weekly information newsletter to teens and parents with details of events, blog from student ministry pastor, contact info for ministry, etc.
• Prep for outreach events, leadership meetings/training sessions.
• Be able to do announcements at youth services, pray for tithe and offering (or be able to delegate/supervise teen to do it.)
• Lead small group discussion.
Preparation for Events…
• Shopping for event needs.
• Food and décor setup.
• Purchase office supplies.
• Purchase gifts for special occasions. (B-days, thank you, graduation, etc.)
• Maintain volunteer chart for adult partners to chaperone special events.
• Keep track of who is using student ministries facilities/schedule.
• Review incoming resources such as videos and studies for teens/adult partners.
• Update monthly prayer calendar.
• Check requests; return receipts for petty cash and purchases.
• Money updates, locations, buses and any other transportation info.
• Sending of mailers.
• Help to schedule special speakers (for camp and throughout year).
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and a love for teenagers!
• Passionate celebration and ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of New Venture Christian Fellowship.
• Available for Student Ministries services on Wednesday evenings/Sunday mornings.
• Flexible/overtime hours if required to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, a servant’s heart, and a “can do” attitude.
• Strong preference given to candidates with church and youth related experience.
Education and Skills Required:
• High School graduate or equivalent. College preferred.
• Minimum three years administrative experience.
• Preference given to candidates with church related and youth ministry experience.
• Strong computer skills required: highly proficient in Adobe and Microsoft programs, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Type 60+ WPM.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.
• Strong verbal as well as written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to a vast array of personality types/spiritual depths.
Areas of responsibility and accountability may change occasionally, based upon the responsibilities and needs of the ministry.
No Phone Calls, Please.