This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Childrens Ministry Director
Crete Reformed Church
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 08/22/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Director of Children’s Ministry Job Description
This individual will provide primary leadership to the Shining Stars Ministries of Crete Reformed Church, utilizing a team-ministry approach.
• Posses A deep and abiding love for Jesus Christ, children, and their families and a mature and growing personal relationship with Christ
• Godly character, with a commitment to Biblical ministry consistent with Reformed theology and worldview.
• Elementary education certification or Christian education degree preferred
• Proven track record of effective involvement and leadership in working with children.
• Gifts and experience in leading and developing a team of volunteers
• Teachable attitude with a desire to work in a team environment
• Manage ministries to children birth through 5th grade and their families
o Work with current leaders of Nursery, WOW Children’s Church, Sunday School, GEMS and Cadets to develop programs that complement each other and that enable the family to be the primary place where children are discipled.
• Develop a team of people committed to discipling children and families.
• Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers for all programs of Shining Stars ministry
• Continue to seek new ways to be more effective in reaching children
• Ensure, to the extent possible, a safe environment for children; physically, emotionally, and spiritually
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Assist in creating and managing the Children’s Ministry budget with direction from the Shining Stars team
Accountability: Reports directly to Lead Pastor and will work closely with the current Ministries Coordinator
Status: Part- Time, Salaried Position
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience