This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Assembly of God
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 08/22/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an amazing, passionate, God seeking individual with leadership ability and experience to come on board as our TECHNICAL DIRECTOR. Is this you? We are a diverse, growing and lively church looking for another leader for our cool team.
The Technical Director is responsible for leadership, growth and discipleship of our A Sound Vision Ministry. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations. Working with the Senior Pastor, fellow staff, and a wide range of volunteers, this person is responsible for leading and creating a dynamic Sunday experience on all campuses including audio, lighting, media and video. This individual will be knowledgeable of our mission, core values, ministry strategy, and will advance this mission, adhere to these values and implement these strategies in their ministry area. The Technical Director is responsible for making recommendations and implementing decisions within their designated authority in the design, development and facilitation of an effective program to reach and disciple volunteers in A Sound Vision. This individual is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff and congregation through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer, and other appropriate ways as he/she serves his/her Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Schedule, train, equip and lead volunteers for all services for audio, media, video and other positions as needed.
2. Responsible for oversight of Live Streaming including video production and planning.
3. Responsible for the video production for the website.
4. Monitor, maintain and purchase equipment as needed.
5. Work closely with our worship leaders and other staff as needed.
6. Gather graphics for weekend services.
7. Participate in workshops and conferences as requested and needed.
8. Research and evaluate the need for program or process changes and make recommendations for improvement.
9. Establish short and long term goals, vision, and values for ministry area. Effectively communicate those goals, vision, and values; and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
10. Assist with special events.
11. Maintain inventory of all technical equipment.
12. Maintain A Sound Vision budget and prepare the annual budget.
13. Be able to stand, walk, sit, lift up to 50 pounds, work a lift, be in the air on a lift, good close and distance vision and be able to adjust focus well for cameras.
14. Perform other duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
1. Effective leadership skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to recruit, maintain and lead volunteers.
3. Excellent relationship and communication skills to build an effective team.
4. Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
5. Demonstrated experience with technical aspects lighting, audio, media and video for weekend services.
6. Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
7. Ability to present a Christ-like image when presented before or interacting with diverse groups of individuals.
8. Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
9. Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
10. Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
11. Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software and/or applications.
12. Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize work requirements.
13. Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a professional manner.
A. Minimum of a high school degree with preferred BA degree.
B. Minimum of two years tech (audio, video, lighting, media) experience in a church.
C. Two years management and supervisory experience with paid or volunteer staff.
D. Commitment to developing a working knowledge and application of our mission and ministry strategy and evidenced ability to implement within ministry emphasis.