This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
San Jose Christian Reformed Church
San Jose, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/18/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
San Jose Christian Reformed Church began in 1953 and its members have sought to live God’s grace in community since then. We are a people of every generation whom God is renewing by his grace to worship, build each other up in community, and serve others in sharing God’s grace with them through word and life.
Our worship is Scripture-based and Christ-centered. We strive to be rooted in our tradition, valuing the way God has guided his people in worship throughout the centuries, and relevant to today with our eyes and ears, mind and heart open to the living God as he works through his Spirit in and around us today.
Hours & Pay Rate
• Pay rate: $20-25 per hour, depending on experience.
• Hours: 10-12 hours per week.
• Lead our worship and singing during the Sunday services, working with our volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists).
• Practice with the teams one night during the week.
• Work with pastor and team to develop the worship liturgy each week.
• Work with the person who prepares the slides.
• Coordinate and schedule the volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists) according to their availability.
• Work with the person in charge of our sound system and other team members to determine the best set up for sound and audio equipment, stage usage and so on.
• Meet periodically with the Worship Team to review how things are going and plan for the future.