This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Coastal Christian Ocean City
Ocean City, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 08/17/2011
Categories: Business/Administration - Executive Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Coastal Christian is a non-denominational church in a seasonal beach resort community. There is solid year round membership of 300-400 off season and over 800 during the summer months. We are a growing church that is looking to expand our administrative structure as well as our other ministries. The Executive Pastor/Director of Operations is responsible for the execution of all daily operations, administrative function and coordination of ministry leaders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish and implement policies and procedures to help ensure efficient and effective delivery of internal operations and of ministry goals through out all ministries.
2. Develop and maintain the internal administrative structure of the organization.
3. Assist in directing, monitoring and evaluating all programs and internal operations, identify weaknesses and assist in development of strategies for continued quality improvement to establish and maintain standards of excellence within all Church operations and ministries.
4. Oversee the implementation and daily operation of the Fellowship One communication system.
5. Supervise the office staff, meeting regularly with them and providing leadership in areas of goal setting and
accountability of job responsibilities.
6. Oversees IT/S3 production manager
7. Responsible for the oversight of buildings and grounds, maintenance and/or staff for that area.
8. Provide oversight of internal financial policies, procedures and budget compliance consistent with the accounting regulations and policies set forth by the Church’s Chief Financial Officer.
9. Establish and maintain effective interactions and communications with all pastors, staff, ministry leaders and ministry teams.
10. Assist in the development and implementation of long and short term goals and plans consistent with the mission, vision and goals of the Church.
11. Direct and provide oversight to ministry leaders to ensure all fiscal activities are in conjunction with the overall Church goals and mission and in compliance with operating budget.
12. Monitor key benchmarks for the ministry such as, church statistics, salvations, new visitors, weekly attendance numbers etc.
13. Serve as liaison to, and participate in, church committees as requested.
14. Oversee vendor contracts.
15. Serve as team leader for all major procurement, design, and construction projects.
16. Work with office administrator reviewing requests for special events and determine service requirements including: logistics, technical requirements, and contracts, certificates of insurance and related issues.
17. Reduce or eliminate liability and other risks through insurance, contractual review, financial procedures, criminal background check/oversight, and legal review through the church’s attorney, program and activity review and other risk management strategies.
Experience in leadership roles in corporate and/or large church environment
Ability to multi task, manage and organize multiple projects at once and see them through to completion
Both detail oriented with ability to see the big picture and project future outcomes
Excellent Oral and Written Communications
Analysis and Strategic Planning
Spiritual Maturity and Accountability
Time in Prayer and Study of God’s Word Daily
Maintains High Level of Personal Character, includes but is not limited to; honest, trustworthy, direct clear communication skills, high moral standards, excellent work ethic, sensitive to personal differences, good sense of humor, encouragement/mentoring skills, respects and keeps confidentiality when necessary, respect for peers.
Able to commit to the core vision values and mission as defined for Coastal Christian Church