Cornerstone Community Church is searching for a Worship Leader with a passion and vision for leading the worship ministry in a growing church with a diverse music style (multigenerational, “blended” service). This is a full time position.
General Job Description
The primary responsibility for this ministry staff position is to oversee the entire worship of Cornerstone Community Church. The person filling this position will also be responsible for another area of ministry which should take 25-35% of the person’s time. The second area of ministry will be determined by the gifts/abilities and passion of the person interviewed.
The Worship Leader will organize and oversee the celebrative, meaningful worship services at Cornerstone Community Church in addition to ministering to those involved in the worship ministry.
1. In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, the Worship Leader will plan and lead the worship
services at Cornerstone Community Church.
2. The Worship Leader will provide leadership, recruiting, and training for…
a. The Praise Teams
c. Adult Choir
d. Sound & Multi-Media Technicians
e. Ministry of Music or New Musical Groups as deemed possible (youth bands, etc.)
3. The Worship Leader will have administration responsibilities for…
a. Scheduling of praise teams (vocal & instrumentals)
b. Music selection & special holidays
c. Worship/music budget management
d. Scheduling of ushers & deacons (with the leaders of ushers & deacons)
e. Maintenance of all sound, lighting and video equipment
f. Organizing, maintaining and updating music material (praise team, choir, worship)
4. The Worship Leader will plan and find at least two ways annually to use worship/music to
reach out to the community evangelistically.
5. The Worship Leader will lead any group participating in worship/music as a small group
community in accordance to Cornerstone’s small group expectations.
1. Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ, actively growing closer and deeper
in relationship with Him.
2. Should strive for a high personal level of godly character and Christian values.
3. Overall beliefs must be consistent with Cornerstone Community Church statement of beliefs.
1. It is preferred that all candidates have a minimum of 4 years experience, having
served in a similar position at another church.
2. Must demonstrate skills in…
* Enlisting and encouraging others in worship
* Working effectively in a team environment
* Demonstrating ability as a gifted, multi-talented musician and vocalist
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Organization and time management skills
* A working knowledge of technical systems including computer, sound, lighting & media
The Worship Director will be solely responsible to the Lead Pastor
This is a full-time position. Salary & benefit specifics will be discussed during the interview
If You Are Interested in This Position
1. Email a resume and an individual or family photo to email@example.com or mail to
Cornerstone Community Church, 208 Fig Tree Road, Chowchilla, CA 93610. 3. It would be
very helpful to receive some type of media that gives an example of your instrumental & vocal
ability (CD, DVD, MP3)
2. After receiving your resume, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your resume.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Worship PastorWestview Baptist
- Swansea, Illinois
- December 7
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- December 5
Teen & Worship PastorCalvary Baptist Church
- Norwich, New York
- December 5
Worship PastorBridgeway Community Church
- York, Pennsylvania
- December 5
Cornerstone Community Church
Our mission of Cornerstone Community Church is based upon the Great Commandment recorded in Matthew 22:37-40 and the Great Commission recorded in Matthew 28:18-2.
By God’s grace and in God’s power, we will be an outward-focused community of Christ-followers who wholeheartedly live out the Values and Mission of Cornerstone Community Church.More...