This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Small Groups Pastor
Long Hollow Baptist Church
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 08/16/2011
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
A rapidly growing, multi-campus church is searching for the right person to lead its Small Groups strategy as part of its Group Life and Discipleship Team. The church utilizes a hybrid model of on-campus and off-campus groups to help people move from where they are toward God's will for their lives. The ideal candidate must have great relational and team building skills, must be flexible and adaptable, should have a great sense of humor, and must be a team player. If you only know one way to do things and you lack the ability to be creative and innovative, this position is not for you. Small Groups experience required; on-campus/off-campus experience preferred.
However, if you are a self-starter and are looking for ways to help people grow in their relationship with God, this might be your opportunity to join a team that isn't afraid to try new ideas. The church is located in the metropolitan Nashville area, a great place to call home!
This position will report to the Group Life and Discipleship Pastor and will be responsible for:
- recruiting and training on-campus and off-campus group leaders.
- promoting and initiating new groups.
- holding group leaders accountable for their responsibilities.
- guiding groups toward participation in opportunities to serve in the church and community.
- managing on-going discipleship strategies.
- participating in educational strategy meetings.
- promoting groups on satellite campuses.