This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children’s Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Albany, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 08/16/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
First United Methodist Church in Albany, Georgia is seeking a full time Director of Children’s Ministry whose primary responsibility is to provide leadership, collaboration, planning and implementation of a comprehensive program of ministry that leads our children (infants through 5th grade) as they grow in their knowledge and understanding of Jesus Christ. Our church is a well-established downtown church with around 700 active members, and about 150 children involved in our children’s ministry. As a part of this ministry you will be responsible for recruiting and training leaders, volunteers, and teachers to help guide our children.
Some of the skills this position requires are:
1. A clear vision of ministry and an ability to inspire and equip others.
2. Be energetic and creative, having a heart and passion for children and their families.
3. Experience in administration and education is a plus.
4. Supervisory experience is a plus.
5. Have excellent communication skills with children, parents, volunteers and others in leadership roles.
7. Computer skills
This position includes salary and benefits. Please send inquiries to Dr. Don Adams at email@example.com or to Dr. Don Adams at FUMC, 307 Flint Avenue, Albany, GA 31701.