This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Journey Bible Church
San Angelo, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/12/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Youth and Worship Leader Job Description
Expectations and Responsibilities
1. Display Christ-like character
• Pursue a growing relationship with Jesus Christ that reflects a daily quiet time with the Lord
• Demonstrate a lifestyle of love and compassion towards others
• Maintain confidentiality
• Display appropriate interactions with students
• Display a strong work ethic and excellence within your area of ministry
• Participate in continued education for worship and youth ministry
2. Lead a growing youth ministry (both spiritually and numerically) in accordance with our church’s vision statement.
• Follow up with students and their parents who visit our church for the first time
• Lead a Wednesday night service (outreach, activities, worship, & creative biblical teaching)
• Have lunch on campuses while assisting FCA and Young Life on the campus.
• Oversee weekly middle school and high school small groups (developing leaders, establishing curriculum, and leading a group yourself)
• Implement a comprehensive discipleship program that teaches and equips students with God’s Word. We want to be able to show parents that there is great value in having their child involved in the student ministry. By the time a student graduates from high school we want them to have a complete overview of the entire Bible AND feel equipped to develop and display their faith as adults.
• Train and equip leaders to help with the demands of a growing ministry
• Train and equip students to get involved in the overall ministry of the church
• Conduct several fun outreach events each year
• Organize and lead an annual mission trip for students and volunteers (if funds are available)
3. Lead worship on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings and for other special events
• Develop and identify gifted musicians to serve in the worship ministry
• Give leadership to the praise and worship team
• Ensure a blend of contemporary music and hymns for each service
• Work alongside the pastor in giving oversight to song selections, arrangements, etc.
• Coordinate a weekly rehearsal for the praise and worship team
• Ensure scheduling of all persons involved in each worship service
• Create Power Point lyric slides to incorporate with the Sunday message Power Point for Sunday morning service.
4. Be a team player
• Work together with other staff members and volunteers to accomplish the overall vision of the church. We are all on the same team and the idea is to help each other when needed.
• Participate in ALL servant evangelism projects
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Attend yearly staff retreats/conferences
• Serve during our annual VBS program (this is an expectation for all staff)
• Able to deliver 3 Sunday morning messages per year or as needed.
This position is full-time with health insurance and a housing allowance
Qualified applicants should submit a resume complete with all relevant information, mp3 or video (if available), a recent picture, and references to email@example.com
ALL QUESTIONS AND RESUMES SUBMIT THROUGH firstname.lastname@example.org. WE WILL NOT CHECK MESSAGES THROUGH CHURCH STAFFING.
Check our church website for more information including the youth calendar: www.journeybiblechurch.org
Position posted for one month with a projected hire in November