This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Pastor (Frederick Campus)
Rocky Mountain Christian Church
Longmont, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 08/11/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
The primary responsibilities for this position include: teaching, organizing/leading (if possible) a student band, planning creative ways with the student ministry team to reach students with the love of God, hanging out and connecting with students, and partnering with parents to disciple their kids.
The ideal candidate will be cooperative, consistent and flexible (in programming, with your schedule, with change and two campuses). This person will also feel called to Student Ministry, has exceptional character (exhibiting humility, and is an example to new and non-believers) and works well with a variety of people (chemistry). This person must also possess the following required competencies:
• Bible/Ministry Degree.
• 2-3 years experience preaching and teaching the Word of God.
• 2-3 years experience with recruiting, training, and organizing volunteers.
• 2-3 years experience recruiting, training, leading and scheduling a primarily student lead worship band.
• 2-3 years experience leading and organizing a Student Ministry (weekly programming, events, connecting with students, partnering with parents).
Preferred Competencies/Experience: (these don’t have to fit you, but it’s a bonus if they do)
• Ability to sing and play guitar.
• An understanding of sound and tech equipment.
• Knowledge of/willingness to learn video editing.
• Familiar with Pro Presenter and Planning Center.
• Familiar with graphics editing (Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher), video editing software (Final Cut, iMovie).
Spiritual Gift Preferences:
Key Relationships: Student Ministry Lead Pastor, Girls Ministry Coordinator, Student Pastor, Family Pastor, Family Ministry Team, Church Staff, Interns, Volunteer Leaders, Volunteers, Parents and Families