This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Our Savior's Lutheran Church
Midland, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/10/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
Our Savior’s is looking for an anointed worship leader who feels called to lead a Spirit led worship service. We are looking for a worship leader who will engage and lead our congregation in Christ-exalting worship. We are focused on finding the right person who wants to use their God-given gifts to help a small congregation reach its full potential of worshipping God will their whole being. This position can be either full or part time.
Summary of Position:
- Plan and lead Sunday morning worship services and midweek as needed
- Communicate, shepherd and provide ministerial support to worship team members
- Develop musicianship with existing worship team members
- Work with the Senior Pastor to direct flow of worship services
- Direct and lead music for special services (Lent, Easter, Christmas, etc.)
- Exhort and encourage the congregation during worship
- Manage finances with regard to the worship ministry at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church
-Develop a worship service guide for team members.
-Coordinate special music as needed.
-Hold weekly worship service practices for the team.
-Recruit team members as needed.
- Must be a baptized, spirit-filled, mature believer who supports the inerrancy of Scripture.
- Must become an involved member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church
- Must fulfill the qualifications of an elder/deacon in 1 Timothy 3
- Have some musical or theological training
- Have a genuine love for discipleship and encouraging others
- Willing to accept feedback and growth in the position
- Possess high organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate variety in style and creativity in music
- Able to learn and teach new songs to the congregation
- Shows selectivity in songs, playing music which is theologically sound
- Must have a teachable spirit.
- Can play the keyboard and/or guitar
- Experienced in leading informal worship
- Is a gifted verbal and written communicator.
- Must have a strong and gifted musical voice for leading the congregation
-Must have a working knowledge of Scripture
-Is familiar with both contemporary songs and hymns
-Must have an outgoing positive personality
- Will report directly to Senior Pastor
- Will lead the praise team ministry
- Will work with other team leaders in the church ministry
- Will work under the overall authority of the Elder board
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com
Any questions contact Rev. Steve Mohr 432-425-4022