This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bear Creek Community Church
Lodi, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/09/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
PURPOSE: To develop, organize and facilitate a comprehensive, well rounded Youth program that ministers to the spiritual, physical & emotional needs of junior high & high school youth on Sunday=s and throughout the week.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Youth Pastor shall meet the character requirements of 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 2 for spiritual leaders. He or she should also;
• Be on fire and have a passion for Jesus and connecting youth that is contagious to all those who serve within the youth ministry.
• Be skilled at connecting with both the churched and unchurched youth
• Be experienced in setting up, teaching and ministering to youth using a variety of creative resources/tools
• Have a high level of interpersonal relational skills with parents and youth
• Have proven leadership skills
• Be visionary in his thinking
• Have ability to analyze and make sound decisions spiritually, administratively and financially
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity and accountability
• Have a servants heart and serve in a spirit of unity with a team approach to ministry
• Reflect a growing spiritual life
• Be a team player who possesses qualities of an energetic self-starter and positive attitude
• Have a teachable spirit
• Has excellent communication and sharp organizational and time management skills
• Possess strong computer/technical expertise
• Be outreach focused
• Have a sense of humor (able to relate to youth in a fun, engaging way)
• Be a Type “A” personality, have high energy level
• Fully support the Senior Pastors vision, goals and purposes for the entire church
• Completely endorse the mission statement of Bear Creek Church, “Connecting People to Jesus, Each Other, and Our Community.”
• Be prepared to work non-traditional hours
Suggested Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Shepherding, Evangelism, Creative Communication, Administration
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Youth Pastor is accountable to God, the Senior Pastor and the Elders. He or she will also serve as one of the Elders.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities shall not be limited to a strict interpretation of the job elements described herein, but allows for gifts, passion and strengths of the Youth Pastor along with the vision of the church leadership.
A. Serve as lead teacher to the High School youth on Sunday’s (incorporating music, media, technology and current forms of communication into the youth program, keeping it in step with the times.)
B. Oversee, facilitate, weekly THRIVE
C. Recruit, lead and train Youth Leaders and volunteers.
D. Seek out, train and put into youth ministry, youth who would make great student leaders, worship team members, ushers, greeters, multi-media, etc.
E. Ensure that youth involved in leadership positions are nurtured by at least one adult leader.
F. Spend time with students, leaders and parents, establishing and cultivating relationships with them and providing discipleship and mentorship as needed.