This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Ministries
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 08/09/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor - Young Adult Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Interested in joining a growing multi-site church committed to creative and life changing ministry? Are you a talented, experienced musician, instrumentally and vocally, and also dedicated to developing and leading a team of musicians? Can you develop leaders in areas like audio/visual, greeting, hospitality, and video production?
The Gathering is a multi-site church with a vision of creating a Christian community that is compelling for new generations in St. Louis. We started less than five years ago and are preparing to launch our second site. We are committed to worship that is historically rooted, liturgically rich and innovatively practiced. We are looking for a full-time Worship Pastor/Director with at least 3 years of effective experience and with the following broad responsibilities:
- Must be committed to our vision of creating a Christian community that is compelling to new generations in St. Louis.
- Will be the primary architect, designing our worship in way that helps us accomplish our vision.
- Must be passionate about new people connecting with Christ through worship.
- Will be able to articulate the gospel in compelling ways through images, words, music and art.
- Is committed to a culture of excellence and effectiveness.
- Will be accomplished and experienced in leading worship, including vocals and at least one instrument (preferably piano and guitar).
- Will be committed and able to recruit and develop other musicians and develop teams of musicians able to lead.
- Will be able to contribute creatively to the worship through composing and arranging music for a team of musicians.
- Manage and mentor leaders in the area of hospitality, greeting, worship design, a/v ministry and video production.
- Will creatively work with lead pastor to design and implement sermon series holistically in worship.
- Will be committed to an eclectic style of worship incorporating old and new.
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that same journey.
- Will be a person dedicated to learning, willing to receive feedback, and constantly cultivating a teachable spirit.
- Will help our community think through worship theologically, practically and strategically.
- Is comfortable and committed to the theology, polity and practice of The United Methodist Church.
Want to join us? Check us out at gatheringnow.org. Please submit resume, and any sample recording of worship leading, to email@example.com