This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 08/05/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: This is an Ephesians 4:11-12 position reporting to the Senior Pastor. The Executive Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes Children’s, Student, College & Young Adult, Connection, Worship/Fine Arts, Outreach, Pastoral Care, and Small Group Discipleship ministry areas, as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, facilities and operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
2. Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach young families (our target demographic), insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
3. Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
4. Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of three-year-goals.
5. Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures (KPMs) that provide the Senior Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
6. Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
7. Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
8. Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, or other related field is required. Master’s work in Biblical studies is a plus. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
• Ephesians 4:11-12 indicates that pastors are leaders of leaders. The person serving in this position needs to possess basic pastoral competencies, along with the gift of equipping others to serve in ministry.
• Household and personal finances in order. Spouse and dependent children supportive and willing to attend church services.
Reporting: This position reports to the Lead/Senior Pastor.
Vacation and Benefits: To be determined