JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTER
UNIONTOWN UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
13370 CLEVELAND AVE. N.W.
UNIONTOWN, OHIO 44685 (330)699-3587
This is a 20 - 30 Hour Position. The position has growth potential that is consistent with the development of our Youth and Young Adult program.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
I. ADMINISTRATION: The Youth and Young Adult Minister (Y.Y.A.M.) will report directly to the Senior Pastor and be responsible to the Staff Parish Relations Committee. Specific Administrative duties include, but are not limited to:
A. Possess knowledge of the governing structure of our church including: Pastoral structure, Administrative Council, U.M.C.U. work committees, the Canal District and the East Ohio Conference.
B. Properly communicate related youth/young adult activities and events with appropriate staff and coordinate with the church calendar.
C. Cooperatively work with all staff members and laity of U.M.C.U..
D. Demonstrate a commitment to punctuality, time management, follow-through, and timetables and deadlines.
E. Show knowledge and support of the U.M.C.U.. mission statement:
“To make and mature Disciples of Christ.”
F. Participate fully in all monthly Staff Meetings in addition to weekly consultation with Sr. Minister.
G. Engage in continuing education, training and workshops as they relate to the ministry.
H. Stay current with worship styles and methods that enhance and promote the U.M.C.U. youth and young adult ministry.
I. Participate fully in the general life of the church including Sunday worship, various study groups and fellowship.
J. Submit various reports to SPRC as requested.
II. YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTER SPECIFIC DUTIES: The Y.Y.A.M. will oversee and coordinate the Youth and Young Adult ministries of U.M.C.U..
A. Youth: Junior and Senior High (grades 6 through 12).
1. Establish youth counselors to aid in the administration of the U.M.C.U. youth program. (Counselors will be responsible to the Y.Y.A.M. and will work to fulfill the goals of the Youth and Young Adult ministry.)
2. Sunday afternoon/evening youth group.
3. Wednesday evening youth group.
4. Assist with the Confirmation class (as needed).
5. Assist with Sunday school (as needed).
6. Assist with Vacation Bible School (as needed).
7. Lead or assist in worship services (as needed). Experience in Dance Choreography and Drama is a plus!
8. Develop, coordinate and organize Youth Sunday.
9. Develop, coordinate and organize activities, including but not limited to, youth retreats, mission trips, work camps, church work days, fund-raising activities.
10. As possible, work within the community/schools to further promote our church and, specifically, our youth program. (Fellowship of Christian Students, various community events, etc.)
11. Be supportive of our youth and sensitive to their needs, concerns and problems. Any serious matter that relates to the welfare of our youth should be immediately reported to the Senior Minister.
12. Assist the youth is establishing a life based on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lod and Savior.
13. Have an expansive vision. Someone who thinks beyond youth activities and youth group meetings. Need to have a full circle ministry where they have things like Dance, Drama, Teen Leaders. Things that can be used for outreach to draw teens in, plug them into dance, drama, leadership, etc (which will connect them to others), which will draw them into the whole group. Its about creating a culture that the teens can be connected to.
14. Have a vision to bring the teens into a deeper relationship with Christ. Have the mindset that teens are capable of doing more than we think they can. That they can have a deep, intimate, powerful, life changing relationship with Christ that affects them and the world around them. Challenge the teens to pursue Christ, show them how to, and give them outlets to be used by God in ministry (aka Drama, Dance, Leadership, etc). There are too many youth ministries that are about entertainment rather than depth.
B. Young Adult: Post High School (ages 18 through 30).
U.M.C.U. would like to further develop its ministry to young adults within our church and Community…specifically post-high school individuals, college students up through the “20 somethings”. The Y.Y.A.M. will spearhead this effort with fresh and engaging ideas and will work cooperatively with other staff and laity to fulfill this mission.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
United methodist Church Uniontown
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTER UNIONTOWN UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 13370 CLEVELAND AVE. N.W. UNIONTOWN, OHIO 44685 (330)699-3587 RevNolte@yahoo.com This is a half-time position. The position has growth potential that is consistent with the development of our Youth and Young Adult program. APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL MARCH 19, 2010 More...