This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Families with Children
Sugar Hill UMC
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 07/28/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
MINISTER TO FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry who can plan and implement, in collaboration with the Children’s Council, the ministry to children, infant through 5th grades, and their families. This person would provide leadership necessary for the children’s ministry program to guide children to know, love, serve, and worship God through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ROLES
Intentionally form a love relationship with Jesus Christ that is real to children and their families. Create environments and provide resources that foster community and that nurture the faith-journey of children and their families. Work with staff, families, and volunteers to provide programming, events, and resources for the purpose of encouragement and spiritual growth for children and their families.
• Developing a personal ministry connection with each family.
• Assist parents in creating a healthy and effective spiritual environment in the home.
Recruit energized and gifted volunteers.
• Manage the budget planning and expenses of the Children’s ministry, keeping within
the budget approved by Church Council.
• Assess age-appropriate curriculum for each age group, providing children and their families a solid foundation
of Bible knowledge and character development.
• Monitor the effectiveness and impact of children’s ministry volunteers.
• A strong Christian testimony & obvious growing relationship with Christ; consistent Spirit-led lifestyle which
demonstrates relational grace; a passion for the Gospel; theology compatible with the leadership of Sugar Hill UMC.
• An agape spirit that translates into a passionate belief in the importance of ministry to kids and families.
• An enthusiastic and creative viewpoint regarding the spiritual development of children and families.
• The ability to inspire, recruit, and lead effective teams of volunteers and staff.
• The interpersonal skills to work well with staff, volunteers, parents and children.
• The ability to coordinate teams with vision, enthusiasm and wisdom.
• Organizational and time management skills that allow one to juggle the details of ministry while keeping the big
picture in mind.
• Ability to think creatively in an ever-changing ministry environment; the ability to take direction and feedback well; a
great desire to learn.
• A minimum of two years experience leading a large children’s ministry