This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ridge Point Community Church
Holland, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/27/2011
Categories: Christian Teacher - Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Please see www.ridgepoint.org/employment for application requirements and full position description. An excerpt of the PD is below.
Reporting Relationship: The Teaching Pastor will report to the Executive Pastor and will be a Senior Staff Team member.
Function: Provide leadership to effectively and consistently lead the faith community to grow in their relationship with Christ and intentionally continue on their spiritual journey. This includes persons who are investigating a relationship with Jesus to persons who have a more mature spiritual life. Consistent with the mission and vision of Ridge Point Church, the Teaching Pastor will be evangelistic and relevant in today’s culture. Work closely with the Senior Leadership of the church to teach and lead in alignment with church wide initiatives.
• Collaborate with Senior Leadership in casting Ridge Point’s mission and vision to the faith community
• Serve as the Pastor communicating the message in our weekend services (estimated to teach 25-30 weekends/year)
• Continually evaluate and strengthen the foundation of our weekend teaching experience
• Serve as a teacher in medium-sized groups on specific topics as identified and requested by Senior Staff – particularly in the Partnerships and Groups Ministry areas
• Actively support and be available to the Care and Connection team for pastoral care support and leadership initiatives, including teaching and training
• Serve as a pastoral care team member, which includes officiating at weddings and funerals and rotating on-call coverage for after-hours needs
• Support staff teams and disciple leaders to live out being the hands and feet of Jesus in our world
• Support staff teams in evaluation and recommendation of curriculum as requested by Groups Pastor
• Lead the teaching team and ensure that teaching remains culturally relevant and doctrinally pure. Work several months in advance to empower staff and volunteers teams involved in planning weekend experiences and writing teams developing study material for the teaching series.
• Be proactive in understanding the culture in corporate, non-profit, and church environments – applying ‘great’ teaching at Ridge Point and representing Ridge Point with excellence in the community