This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Leader
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/26/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Part-Time
The part-time Worship Leader will join a growing staff at Grace Harbor Church. We are a new United Methodist faith community in northern Suffolk, Virginia committed to Shining Light, Sharing Life, and Showing Love. As a campus of New Creation UMC, we offer a safe place to follow Jesus with informal worship, modern music, relevant biblical messages, intentional relationships in small groups, and hands-on missional service to others. Our staff serves with a team approach to ministry.
• Ability to model authentic Christian worship and to lead and engage a diverse congregation
• Display a strong passion and spiritual gifts in the arts, specifically music and worship
• Dynamic vocal ability with a contemporary vocal tone and quality
• Guitar and/or keyboard player with ability to lead a guitar-based worship service
• Ability to read sheet music and chord charts
• Proven experience in a contemporary worship setting
• Strong communication skills for speaking in worship setting
• Ability to lead a worship band through a structured rehearsal
• Encourage, cultivate, and coach music volunteers
• Counsel, shepherd, and disciple music volunteers in their spiritual growth
• Research, introduce, and teach new and culturally relevant music for specific messages
• Partner with Media team to prepare multimedia worship elements
• Participate in regular planning meetings with pastor.
Additional Preferred Abilities:
• Recruit, train, evaluate, and schedule music volunteers, both instrumental and vocal
• Ability to coach vocalists in the areas of blend, pitch, tone and presentation of the music
• Enable volunteers to offer children’s music ministries
• Maintain music library and make available necessary music resources for weekly teams
• Participate in and/or lead special events such as weddings, funerals, workshops and conferences as needed.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume with cover letter and at least three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition the following items should be provided in digital format (mp3, mp4, etc.) on a DVD:
1 – A digital file offering a recent example of your singing and playing abilities;
2 – A digital file offering a recent example of your leadership in Christian worship.