This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Worship Arts
Woodland, The Community Church
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 01/24/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an energetic individual with a passion for creating worship experiences that are challenging and innovative. This person must possess musical and vocal talent, and provide leadership to recruit and equip volunteer teams. This person will work closely with the Senior Pastor, and Creative Arts Team in developing and producing our weekend worship experience.
Woodland, The Community Church is a diverse church located about an hour south of Tampa, Florida in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. We are always striving to find new and creative ways to reach our community for Christ. We commonly use drama, Christian and secular songs, media, events, and music to help people connect to the message of the gospel.
* Proven ability and experience in engaging the congregation in authentic, passionate worship.
* Strong stage presence.
* Strong vocal skills.
* Proficient in playing piano.
* Experience with choir is a plus as we use this vocal team seasonally for special events.
* Experience with recruiting, training and developing volunteer teams of musicians and worship team members (vocalists, media and creative teams).
* Passionate about using creative arts to engage and connect seekers and believers to the message.
* Willing to use diverse worship elements such as video, music, drama, and dance.
* Good communication, relational, and organizational skills.
* Plan and provide worship for 2 of our 4 weekend worship services.
* Rehearse vocal team for Thursday night rehearsals
* Work with Sr. Pastor and Creative Arts Team to plan and execute worship services
* Coordinate artistic elements for each service.
* Work with Worship Arts Assistant to prepare sheet music, chord charts, and copies for songs.
* Stay current with new worship music and methods.
* Introduce new, inspiring songs to the congregation.
• The Associate Pastor of Worship Arts reports to the Senior Pastor.
* The Associate Pastor of Worship Arts will work closely with the other Worship Leader on staff in coordinating services
Please email a resume and a link to video clips of yourself leading worship to Melanie@gowoodland.com. Please include a current PHOTO of yourself. No phone calls please. We are screening candidates as the first step in the search process and will notify applicants of any decisions made.