This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Washington Crossing United Methodist Church
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
WASHINGTON CROSSING UNITED METHODIST CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Executive Pastor & Small Groups Date: January 2012
To facilitate the execution and implementation of our mission and vision of igniting hearts, changing lives and impacting the world. To provide leadership and supervision to the assigned ministry staff and lay leaders to increase their effectiveness. To assist them in the areas of professional, spiritual and personal growth and development. To oversee and coordinate the practical elements of the church’s operation.
• Supervise the work of program of assigned staff members, meeting regularly with them and providing leadership to them in areas of individual goal setting and accountability for the unfolding of the vision. Receive regular goal updates and evaluations from those staff members for the purpose of review and refinement.
• Supervise and develop life group (small group) ministry.
• Meet with the Lead Pastor weekly to review the work of the church.
• With the Lead Pastor, establish and monitor key benchmarks for the ministry. For example, number of salvations, follow-up, small group involvement and ministry involvement.
• Assist the Lead Pastor and Pastor Parish Relations Committee in administering salary and benefit programs for the assigned ministerial staff. Conduct performance reviews and facilitate the formal feedback process.
• Serve as staff liaison to, and participant in, the church committees as requested.
• Facilitate the development of church programs through assigned staff and lay workers, and help assure the alignment of those programs with the vision and mission of WCUMC. Develop staff’s leadership and management skills to better “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.”
• Work in conjunction with the Lead Pastor to schedule and assign the staff to occasional duties such as hospital visitation, committee attendance, conflict resolution, telephoning newcomers, etc.
• Financial Administration – supervise the church administrator, and the preparation of the annual budget. Oversee vendor contracts, expense management practices, payroll, benefits, and the preparation and communication of the monthly reports.
• Manage the daily operations of the church
• Building project and capital campaign – guide, direct, and lead all staff elements and facets of the capital campaign and building project connected with construction of a new worship facility.
• Teach classes and develop curriculum as needed/required.
• Fill in assigned ministries that have a leadership vacancy.
• Support, assist, and attend all Church-wide events and services.
• General pastoral staff duties as assigned, or needed.
Report to and reviewed by: Lead Pastor
Job Classification: Salaried, exempt
Supervises: Church Administrator
Worship & Arts Pastor
Calling and motivation: A call to ministry
Desire and ability to see others grow in ministry and gifts
Evidence of a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Education: Bachelors Degree minimum
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability for working in complex organizations and systems
• Demonstrated ability to create highly adaptive environments and systems that foster the movement toward assigned or agreed upon goals.
• Evidence of strategic leadership abilities
• Administrative and operational expertise
• Critical thinker
• Good personal and communication skills
• Able to build a system of healthy accountability
While the leadership skills in the strategic plan development/execution, ministry staff
supervision, and structured policy & procedural approaches are very important, changes
and/or corrections must be done in a people sensitive, caring and affirming manner. Some
of the interpersonal and relational skills that will help an Executive Pastor candidate
excel in the role include a servant’s leadership approach, clothed in humility,
compassion and selflessness.
Theology: Pentecostal Charismatic
Compensation: Salary and housing (if applicable) commensurate with experience
Expense account: $3,500/Yr.
Vacation: 4 Wks./Yr.
Sick days: 5/Yr.
To apply for this position please contact us at: email@example.com