This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Wicks Lane Baptist Church
Billings, Montana, United States
Date Posted: 08/14/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
We are looking for a Worship Leader and Youth Pastor. These are part-time bi-vocational positions. We would prefer a married couple, however, these positions are open to single candidates as well. Both positions can also be filled by one person if desired.
We are a small Southern Baptist Church with 75-85 in attendance. Our style of worship music is a blend of hymns, songs of praise, and contemporary. Our goal is to maintain the style of worship music we are currently using such as, praise team, special music, musical instrumentation, but no christian rock. Below are our job descriptions.
Annual Salary - $10,500.00
1. 12-16 hours per week. Music/Worship Leader-$10,500.00 annually.
2. Work with and develop those in the church that can play musical instruments or sing, so we can maintain our worship
style of live music, praise teams, choir, blended hymns and spiritual songs.
3. Select, organize, and lead worship through song and music on Sunday morning and evening worship services.
4. Be accountable to the leadership and work with them.
5. Must be willing to work some hours in the evenings or on Saturdays, to accommodate those that work M-F.
6. Must have musical ability-singing, playing instrument(s), and understand music.
7. Direct 1-2 cantatas each year.
8. Organize Christmas caroling for shut-ins.
9. Two years of Bible college training is preferred but is not required.
Annual Salary &7,500.00
1. Teach a Bible study or lesson every week and seek to evangelize the lost.
2. Organize game and activity time into weekly youth meetings.
3. Must attend Sunday morning worship service and be an example to our youth.
4. A budget is set up for expenses and outings.
5. Should try to organize outings, such as outreach, concerts, summer camps, or activities every 4-6 weeks.
6. Must be accountable to the leadership at Wicks Lane Baptist Church and strive to be a part of the church family.
7. Youth Pastor will be responsible in oversight of church furnishings and equipment used by the youth and
see that they are not abused.
8. Would prefer a married couple, but will consider single male candidates as well.
9. Must be responsible in personal finances as well as ministry expenses.