To support the church’s mission of reaching unchurched people and helping them become fully devoted followers of Jesus as well as our vision of planting new churches and campuses. This will be accomplished by developing effective outreach and discipleship methods focused on middle and high school students. This position will report to the Executive Pastor.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee middle and high school ministries.
• Direct current and future student ministries staff.
• Develop a growing team of volunteer coaches and sponsors.
• Be responsible for incorporating Mountainview’s mission, vision, and values into our student ministry department.KEY ROLESCOACH
As a coach, we would expect this person to develop leaders and teams by mentoring, training, and resourcing them.
• Meet regularly with current/future student ministries staff for the purpose of developing them as leaders.
• Identify key volunteer coaches and sponsors who can provide critical leadership to students.
• Develop a teaching team for weekend programming.
• Identify key students who are being groomed and mentored to become student leaders.CATALYST
As a catalyst, we would expect this person to be stimulating new opportunities for students and parents to connect, grow, and serve.
• Champion student ministries on weekends and in staff relations.
• Identify ministries areas that need to be strengthened.
• Serve as the point person for new families looking to get their students involved at Mountainview.GUIDE
As a guide, we would expect this person to develop a ministry plan and key performance measures to ensure we are meeting our objectives.
• Stay current in ministry trends related to student ministries.
• Develop a “maturity plan” that develops a student over four to six years of involvement.
• Establish metrics to track how well we are assimilating students into youth programs as well as the larger church.
• Develop a student ministries strategy for a multisite environment.ADMINISTRATOR
As an administrator, we would expect this person to manage volunteer teams as well as current and future staff positions, interns, etc.
• Manage current staff and volunteers.
• Develop and manage a student ministries budget.
• Develop a ministry plan for the school year and summer.KEY SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
The ideal candidate will love students and have experience building teams of people. This person must be a leader of leaders. They will have a proven track record of multiplying themselves through the training and coaching of others. They will have a passion for middle and high school students and share our vision of starting new churches and campuses. Ideally, they will have experience in a church of comparable size.
Key skills include:
• The ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (students, parents, volunteers, staff).
• The ability to translate strategy into action.
• The ability to teach effectively and to train others to do the same.
• The ability to recruit and train volunteers.
• The ability to manage a budget, as well as event and trip planning.THEOLOGICAL
This person must be in agreement with our statement of faith. You can view our entire statement online
. Key points include:
• Salvation is a free gift received by faith in Jesus Christ.
• Baptism by immersion identifies us with Jesus.
• Each person has been granted free will and has the opportunity to choose God or reject Him.
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
To apply, please contact Ken Hensley, Executive Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org).