To support the church’s mission of reaching unchurched people and helping them become fully devoted followers of Jesus as well as our vision of planting new churches and campuses. This will be accomplished by developing effective ways to connect people to the church, with a primary focus on LifeGroups. This position will report to the Executive Pastor.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee group life ministries
2. Involvement (assimilation and retention)
3. First Impressions / Welcome CenterKEY ROLESCOACH
As a coach, we would expect this person to develop leaders and teams by mentoring, training, and resourcing them.
• Meet regularly with LifeGroup leaders and First Impression team leaders to provide training and encouragement.
• Identify key volunteers and/or interns who are being developed into higher levels of leadership.CATALYST
As a catalyst, we would expect this person to be stimulating new groups and connecting points for our Mountainview family.
• Develop a systematic way of launching new groups with health and momentum.
• Proactively engage other ministry leads to identify areas of opportunity for volunteer involvement and growth.
• Serve as a resource for other ministry leads who need help recruiting and training volunteers.
• Serve as the point person for new people looking to get involved at Mountainview.GUIDE
As a guide, we would expect this person to develop a ministry plan and key performance measures to ensure we are meeting our objectives.
• Stay current in ministry trends, connection opportunities, and LifeGroup materials.
• Develop a “connection plan” that identifies connecting points from first-time attender through the maturity process.
• Establish involvement metrics to track how well we are assimilating people into groups and ministry.
• Serve as the primary SHAPE teacher.
• Develop a LifeGroup strategy for a multisite environment.ADMINISTRATOR
As an administrator, we would expect this person to manage volunteer teams as well as future staff positions, interns, etc.
• Manage current volunteers and future departmental staff positions.
• Develop and manage a connections/LifeGroup budget.
• Maintain a database of involvement opportunities.KEY SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
The ideal candidate will have experience building teams of people and be a leader of leaders. They will have a proven track record of multiplying themselves through the training and coaching of others. They will have a passion for small groups and share our vision of starting new churches and campuses. Ideally, they will have experience in a church of comparable size.
Key skills include:
• The ability to relate well to a wide variety of people.
• The ability to translate strategy into action.
• The ability to teach small to medium size groups of people.
• The ability to recruit and train volunteers.
• The ability to organize teams of people across several ministries.THEOLOGICAL
This person must be in agreement with our statement of faith. You can view our entire statement online
. Key points include:
• Salvation is a free gift received by faith in Jesus Christ.
• Baptism by immersion identifies us with Jesus.
• Each person has been granted free will and has the opportunity to choose God or reject Him.
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
To apply, please submit a resume as well as links to online samples of worship leading to Ken Hensley, Executive Pastor.