American Lutheran Church is looking for a Director of Student Ministry with passion and spiritual gifts for leading programming for middle school, high school, and college-age students. The ideal applicant seeks to foster Christian community through building
relationships with young people (Christian and pre-Christian) to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ and to strengthen their commitment to the church. This is a full time, salaried position with excellent benefits.
- 1 year in leadership of student ministry
- 1 year in program development for student ministry
- 1 year in teaching
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Conversant with and supportive of Lutheran doctrine
- Supportive of the practices of infant baptism and women’s ordination; acknowledges the centrality of the Sacrament of Holy Communion to Lutheran doctrine and worship
- Demonstrates ongoing, prayerful, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active membership in the ALC congregation
- Holds in high regard the authority of Scripture; theologically conservative
- Desire and passion for student ministry
- Dynamic teaching skills
- Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to team building with staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management
- Professionally organized, with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to ensure confidentiality, discretion and loyalty
Education Requirements: College degree preferred, with demonstrated specialized knowledge and experience in student ministry.
American Lutheran Church was established 65 years ago, and our current building has been enlarged and partially remodeled. There is no current debt on the building. The church operates a Christian preschool during the school year. Current
staff includes: Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Visitation Pastor, Director of Administration, Minister of Music (Traditional), Director of Contemporary Music, Director of Children’s Ministry, Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry, Director of American
Lutheran School, Director of Student Ministry, Organist, A/V Technician, Administrative Assistants I and II, Receptionist, Food Services Coordinator, and Custodians.
The congregation currently has two distinctly different worship services: Lutheran Traditional and Contemporary. We have four worship services each Sunday, two traditional (8:00 & 10:30 AM) and two contemporary (10:30 AM & 5:00 PM), with average weekly worship
attendance of 650–700.
Prescott (“Everybody’s Hometown” and “Arizona’s Christmas City”) and its sister cities of Prescott Valley and Chino Valley have a combined population of 100,000. The community is located in north-central Arizona at approximately 5,200 feet. Prescott is
surrounded by Ponderosa Pine forests and several mountain ranges. It served as the first territorial capital of Arizona and maintains a vibrant downtown filled with Western charm, including the famous Whiskey Row and Yavapai County Courthouse Square. Prescott
is home to the nation’s oldest rodeo and is known for great hiking and mountain biking trails. Less than an hour drive away is beautiful Sedona, Arizona. Less than two hour drive gets you to Phoenix to the south and Flagstaff to the north. Prescott enjoys
all four seasons and is typically 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix during the summer. Institutions of higher learning include Yavapai Community College, Prescott College, and an extension of Northern Arizona University.
Submit cover letter, resume, references, and a link to an online sermon/message or teaching. Posting closes October 18, 2013.
Kate Howell, Director of Administration
American Lutheran Church
1085 Scott Drive
Prescott, Arizona 86301