This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Junior High Pastor
Sun Valley Community Church
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The following job description is for the Gilbert Campus of Sun Valley Community Church. Sun Valley is a multi-site church with 3 fully functioning campuses by the end of 2011. The Gilbert Campus is made up primarily of younger families and has an average weekend attendance of 3,500.
Job Title: Junior High Pastor
Department: Student Ministries
Reports To: Student Ministry Pastor
Job Type: Full Time,
Must have a 4-year degree with experience in a church over 1000 attendees.
Must have experience leading a Junior High Ministry of 100+ students.
Job Purpose: To develop a team of volunteers and strategy for walking alongside families in the discipleship of junior high students both in the church and in the community.
• Create and sustain a round table of volunteers focused on major branches of junior high ministry
• Utilize round table to enhance all areas of junior high ministry
• Work with interns to develop ministry skills and invest into their spiritual formation
• Train small group leaders and ministry volunteers on how to disciple junior high students
• Work with student leadership team to develop ministry ownership and volunteerism
• Become a cultural expert on junior high ministry in the Phoenix area
• Work with student ministry pastors to develop a vision and strategy for accomplishing the goals of junior high ministry
• Structure systems and programming to carry out the strategies of junior high ministry
• Work with families/students in crisis situations
• Meet with students/parents for pastoral counseling
• Assist Care Ministry whenever a pastor is needed
• Invest in the personal lives of junior high ministry volunteers
• Lead in large group settings through teaching, preaching, and training
• Develop messages relevant for the junior high demographic
• Create weekend programming environments that assist in teaching
• Work with a multi-campus team to create weekend message series
• Work with a multi-campus team to create small group curriculum
• Plan and organize events to assist in the execution of ministry strategies
• Work with church network to help plan and lead major events such as camps
• Evaluate all events on their purpose and effectiveness
• Maintain a balanced junior high ministry budget
• Be responsible for the financial aspects of all events and programming, keeping them within the limitations of the junior high budget
• Follow appropriate accounting procedures for events, budgets, and personal ministry expenses.
• Participate in all staff meetings/trainings
• Establish meetings with volunteers
• Meet weekly with student ministry team/ multi-campus team
• Provide ministry evaluation for monthly student ministry meeting
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ryan Delviken – firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.