This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lebanon Area Evangelical Free Church
Jonestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 07/18/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Executive Pastor / Director
(Salary position, 45 hours weekly, with benefits)
• Demonstrates the spiritual health, personal maturity and godliness of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Embraces the doctrinal statement of LAEFC without reservation
• Capable to find fulfillment by doing ministry through others
• Flexible in areas of responsibility
• Works effectively in a team environment; willing to take leadership and be accountable to the Senior Pastor and elders in assigned areas of ministry
• Capable of organizing and building ministry teams
• Strong people skills and ability to recruit and empower lay leaders
• Bias for action, ability to follow through on tasks, self-motivated
• Good motivator/effective communicator
• Seeks the will of God for their life, family, and ministry
• Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God
• Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the LAEFC staff
• Submits willingly and understands the importance of accountability
• Models the LAEFC Mission, Vision, Strategy and Core Values.
• Maintains proper priorities and balance in their life
• A personal commitment to the building of God’s Kingdom
• Active worship with their family at LAEFC
Job Areas and Responsibilities
Ministry to Staff, in conjunction with senior pastor:
• Work in unison with the senior pastor to implement the heart and vision of LAEFC in all aspects of ministry
• Work with and resource Ministry Leaders to insure they are embracing and implementing church mission and vision in their areas of ministry
• Lead weekly directors meeting
• Handle job reviews of ministry staff
• Champion leadership development in all ministry areas (mentoring)
• Regular one on one meetings with ministry staff
• Oversees Administrative Support Team
• Oversees Wedding/Rental Coordinator(s)
• Sign check request forms in areas of oversight.
• Maintain Employee Handbook and monitor compliance (in conjunction with bookkeeper)
• Budgets: work with the bookkeeper and the ministry staff to create yearly budgets to be presented to the elder board
• Facility Rental and usage oversight.
• Oversee production of all communication venues – written, A/V, web, etc., to include worship folders, folder inserts, ministry brochures, e-mail news, etc.
• Oversee IT vendor support (phone and computers)
• Oversee Copier Leases
Ministry Director (ABF’s or Men’s Ministry):
• Oversee the Ministry Leadership Team
• Assist Ministry Team in planning and coordinating events
• Create and lead teams for new projects as assigned by the collaborated direction of the senior pastor and elder board.
• Work along with appropriate staff members
• Evaluate needs in special project area
• Form and give oversight to committees
• Give oversight to the recruitment of needed volunteers
• Determine when right pieces are in place then move on to the next designated special project
• Projected average duration of special projects: 2 – 3 months.
Position Reports to: Senior Pastor
Interested applicants can direct questions to Lisa at email@example.com
Complete job description and application can be found online at www.lebefree.org