This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Pastor
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 07/18/2011
Categories: College Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Available: Extremely Challenging Position with a Demanding Supervisor and a role that is Analogous to Herding Cats
So you’re still reading? If that title didn’t scare you off, you may just be the no-fear, challenge-seeking person we’re looking for!
So, let’s cover a few of the details. (Including the fact that the supervisor is actually quite cool - but still demanding - and the job has the potential to be an exciting adventure!)
We are looking for a young visionary who is passionate about igniting a spiritual revolution and raising up the Next Generation. Our church is located in a greater Atlanta. Our county alone is the home to over 80K middle school & high school students. We passionately believe Christ has called us to go after them and are seeking a leader with a kindred heart!
By title, we’re seeking a High School Pastor for our Central Campus Student Ministry Team. By character description, we’re seeking an extremely confident, self-starting, go-getting, moving-shaking type who thinks outside the box, takes the bull by the horns, pushes the envelope…and would never, ever use that many clichés in one sentence.
• A great recruiter
• A gifted problem solver
• A hard worker
• A phenomenal team builder
• Organized with attention to detail
• Highly relational and work well with others
• Not easily intimidated
• Believe that a church can accomplish both evangelism & discipleship
You will be responsible for running a Comprehensive High School Student Ministry including:
• Set the Spiritual Intensity of HS Ministry
• Recruit, Raise up, and train adult leaders
• Communicate regularly at High School services
• Lead HS intern(s)
• Leadership of High School special events
• Leadership of High School Mission project(s)
• Communicate with Parents
• Recruit, Equip, and Empower Student Leaders
IMPORTANT! Your resume should demonstrate each of the following:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
2. A stable work history consisting of an employment record of 3+ years in one location
3. Measurable ministry growth related to students and volunteers
4. Three references with two from previous employers.
Sound like a job you could whip into shape? Then whip up a resume and show us why you’re so brilliant. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE***