I. SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Children’s Ministries Creative Programming Coordinator and 5th/6th Grade Host is passionate about children’s ministries. He/she works closely with the Director of Elementary Children’s Ministries, and in collaboration with the Children’s Ministries Team, to coordinate the planning, facility requirements, logistics, equipment and resource support for all Children’s Ministries team weekend programming, supplemental programming, special events, and camps. This part-time 25 hours/week position includes office hours, set weekend hours and evening hours as needed, and reports to the Director of Elementary Children’s Ministries (Director).
II. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Special Events and Weekend/Supplemental Programming
1. Helps research and recommend special events and supplemental programming
2. Collaborates on the planning and organization of all Children’s Ministries weekend programming, special events, and supplemental programming (to include all promotional events, camps, Vacation Bible School, and other designated Children’s Team events) under the supervision of the Director
3. Assists Director plan and implement Oasis family events
4. Helps Director develop and plan large group programming at both campuses including skits, puppetry, multi media, etc.
5. Maintains both short- and long-term program plans within the WVC scope and sequence and the Children’s Ministries Team calendar
6. Helps coordinate and oversee staffing for special events; provides task specific training, as needed
7. Helps plan and develop Early Childhood special events and creative elements for Early Childhood weekend services
1. Meets regularly with the Directors and the Children’s Team to communicate needs, prayer concerns and requests for current and future events
2. Attends monthly all-staff meetings to interact with Directors, Departmental Coordinators and Division Leaders regarding programming
3. Collaborates with the Communication Arts Team and the Directors on the design and implementation of all promotional and informational pieces for Children’s Ministries events
4. Coordinates web-based information and registration forms for events
5. Coordinates registrations for fee-based events with the Finance Department and the Director
6. Helps submit and coordinate facility requests and follows up, as needed, for all Children’s Ministries programs or events
C. 5th/6th Host
1. Meets regularly with the Director and the Director of Middle School Ministries to communicate needs, prayer concerns and requests for current and future events
2. Hosts all 5th/6th Weekend Programming at both campuses and Special Events
3. Collaborates with the 5th/6th Programming Coordinator on weekend programming, special events, and Ministry Partner recruitment, training, and retention
4. Attends monthly planning meetings for 5th/6th programming
D. Other duties as requested
III. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
1. Excellent organizational and administration skills
2. Previous experience in coordinating and managing both large- and small-scale events
3. Detail oriented and flexible with a team spirit
4. Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Mac and the Internet
5. Experience working with children and interacting with staff, children, parents, volunteers, and/or independent presenters, performance groups or vendors
6. A desire to create an environment where children receive every opportunity to build a solid foundation of faith; encouraging them to receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior
7. An ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance
8. A member or regular attendee of WVC who supports its vision and values and regularly contributes time and tithes
B. Physical Requirements
1. Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs.
2. Reliable transportation
***To apply, download an application from http://www.woodmenvalley.org/index.cfm/PageID/179/index.html - complete and submit along with a current résumé to Human Resources, Woodmen Valley Chapel, 290 E Woodmen Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorRez.Church
- Loveland, Colorado
- December 2
Woodmen Valley Chapel
Woodmen Valley Chapel was founded in 1981 as a nondenominational, evangelical fellowship of believers.
Today, we strive to be an authentic community where people can experience God, be encouraged in their spiritual journey and empowered for service as they entrust a legacy to others.More...