This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Heritage Wesleyan Church
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/15/2011
Categories: Campus Pastor - Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
CAMPUS PASTOR w/ TEACHING RESPONSIBILITIES
Heritage Church, a multi-campus Wesleyan Church located in Rock Island, Illinois and Bettendorf, Iowa, is seeking an energetic leader to provide leadership over Spiritual Formation, lead our Rock Island Campus staff and share the preaching responsibilities with the Senior Pastor.
We are a church that is passionate about reaching people wherever they are on their spiritual journey in order to lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus. Read more about our mission and vision on our web site at www.heritageqc.com. If our mission and vision captures your heart, then read on for the specifics about this position.
The successful candidate will have/be:
• A committed follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates spiritual maturity and models an authentic relationship with the Lord.
• An experienced, dynamic leader with strong communication and preaching skills.
• A motivating inspirer, whether you’re sitting with 20 people or standing in front of 2,000.
• Passionate about casting vision.
• A leader who is committed to the vision, purposes, values and beliefs of Heritage’s multi-site model.
• A proven record of understanding and developing spiritual formation processes.
• Basic understanding of departmental ministries in Adult Ministry (small groups, congregational care, missions, evangelism, young adults and connections).
• Highly relational with a genuine love for people and able to coach, develop and lead staff.
• High energy self starter with an entrepreneurial work ethic who gets things done and makes things happen.
• Program/Management skills/proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
• Team player and team builder who is able to work within the system.
• Culturally relevant: able to meet anyone/anywhere and connect well, uses social media.
• Creates an environment for innovation.
• Experience in pastoral counseling and skilled in conflict management.
• College level ministerial degree or equivalent training/experience and a minimum of five years ministry experience with two years of leading leaders.
• Willing to follow and teach Wesleyan doctrine and theology and serve in a denomination.
• Proficiency with standard computer office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Heritage Church-Rock Island Campus Pastor is responsible for:
• Oversee Spiritual Formation processes to move congregants on a higher level on their spiritual journey.
• Serve as a visible and accessible leadership presence at weekend services and other community gatherings.
• Ensure that all necessary systems are in place for connection to life at Heritage.
• Supervise Adult Ministry staff and departmental programming (small groups, young adults, congregational care).
• Provide oversight in the development and execution of adult ministry budgets.
• Ensure that staff, volunteer staff, lay point leaders and lay leaders are fully aligned with Heritage Church’s vision, mission, strategies and goals.
• Recruit, coach and supervise campus ministry staff and create a relational team culture for all workers.
• Look at the campus from a higher level in an effort to join ministry teams or departments for greater overall impact at the campus and within the community.
• Work collaboratively with Children, Youth, Adult Ministries, and Worship Arts departments to ensure that all programming elements of weekend services and ministry programs are operating effectively .
• Oversee ministry events unique to the campus, but consistent with the practices of the church.
• Provide administrative oversight for the campus, including personnel, and budget.
• Build relationships to strengthen and unify not only this campus but our church as a whole.
• Serve as a member of the Management Team.
• Communicate and implement the vision by motivating and equipping the congregation to full engagement in our mission and ministry by being primary host for weekend services and the recognized contact point.
• Preach sermons under the direction of the senior pastor and teach adult classes.
• Participate in general pastoral duties when required (ie: weddings, counseling, funerals, pastoral care).
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please send your resume and a cover letter, along with references, to John Biermann at email@example.com or email to 4801 44th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201.