This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Salem Lutheran Church
Orange, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2011
Categories: Family Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time Salaried with benefits ($45-$52k range or commensurate with experience)
Reporting Relationship: The Director of Student Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor
About Salem Lutheran:
Salem Lutheran was founded as a mission outreach to the eastern part of Orange County in the City of Orange in 1965. Nestled in the foothills of the Santiago Hills, Salem Lutheran is part of a unique community that preserves a rural atmosphere while only being three miles from three major freeways. Vibrant ministries include traditional and contemporary worship opportunities with an average weekly worship attendance of 450, Life Team ministry with over 25 teams involving 250 adults, a school (preschool-grade 8) with an enrollment of 460 students, student ministries grades 5-12, family ministries including VBS that serves 240 students and involves 100 volunteers, and numerous other community opportunities to connect and share God’s love for His people.
Mission: To bring Life to the community and the community to Life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Build a mission-centered Student Ministry for grades 5-12 that aligns with our philosophy of ministry to Know Christ, Grow in community and Live with purpose. This person will be responsible for the development, growth and oversight of the student ministry.
1. Minimum of three years experience in ministry, preferably leading a similar sized student ministry.
2. Missionary experience preferred (either local or abroad).
3. Willingness to become a member of Salem Lutheran and adhering to Lutheran theology/doctrine.
4. Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
5. Social media experience required.
The Ideal Candidate:
1. S/he is a Christ centered individual who is continually growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Because they are responsible for serving others, they are disciplined in deepening their Christian faith practice and knowledge in ministry.
2. Has a demonstrated personal history of discipleship and love for youth. Will be an advocate for them and work to shepherd youth and young adult volunteers closer in an authentic walk with Christ.
3. Has high leadership potential for the future. This person has the proven ability to create a purposeful vision and implement a discipleship plan through the partnership of their team. They will need to inspire, recruit, train and evaluate a team of strong volunteers.
4. Understands what being a team player and servant leadership is about. We want someone who adds value to the present team by bringing new ideas to the table. This person can challenge current thinking in a professional and courteous way.
5. Possesses excellent communication and written skills.
6. Can communicate boldly and clearly to groups and individuals. Has the savvy to work with all age groups from young children to the elderly.
7. Has the personality and aptitude to lead a volunteer staff.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and their resumes to Ms. Annie Ayerst: email@example.com.
We give you our blessings and thanks.