This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
McLean Baptist Church
McLean, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/12/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
McLean Baptist Church
McLean Baptist Church seeks to call an individual to minister with a Christ-centered congregation to serve God and our world. McLean Baptist Church (MBC) is a fellowship for moderate-minded Baptists as well as Christians of other denominations—an inclusive community that celebrates Christ by serving our world. We are a missions-committed church of people who desire to serve God and nurture people regardless of their geographic background, ethnicity or previous religious experience.
Associate Pastor Focus Areas
• Faith Formation: The Associate Pastor is responsible for faith formation of all age groups within the congregation with particular emphasis on children and families. Responsibilities include leading the membership in a variety of programs, studies and activities to help us learn and grow in our Christian faith and become better disciples of Christ. The Associate Pastor serves as a resource person, facilitator, developer and encourager of a comprehensive program for faith formation.
• Church Community: Helps recent and long-time participants within the congregation to better assimilate into the fellowship. The Associate Pastor works to promote the spiritual development of our church fellowship, as individuals as well as a church body, build relationships, and help church members find appropriate, fulfilling roles (study, worship, service, fellowship) in the community of believers.
• Pastoral Ministries: The Associate Pastor complements the Senior Pastor in all responsibilities, including preaching, pastoral care, and other duties. The Associate Pastor is involved in worship planning and regularly participates in worship services. In part, the position is shaped by the gifts, skills and calling of the individual, as they coincide with the needs and will of the church body.
The Associate Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor. This is a full-time position with ample benefits, and is available immediately. Primary job location is McLean Baptist Church in McLean, VA.
How to Apply: Submit resume via email (required) by August 19, 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Education and Work Experience Required
The successful candidate must have a Seminary degree or Masters level degree in a related field with significant, relevant work experience including church employment.
Associate Pastor Attributes, Skills and Experience
• Possesses a sound belief system with an appreciation and understanding of Baptist heritage; exhibits maturity in Christian faith, is ecumenical in outlook and moderate in theology; communicates clearly the faith journey that led to a call to ministry;
• Knowledgeable in current methodology of Christian faith formation; has a good grasp of the Bible and current scholarly research in Biblical history;
• Works well within a team of ministers, volunteers and Church members to further the Church’s vision and mission;
• Communicates effectively; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal clues and responds appropriately; writes well, is organized and efficient in written communication; is proficient in usage of web-based networking tools, computer literate;
• Sets well-defined and realistic goals; displays a high level of initiative and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve;
• Coordinates with other organizations; monitors progress, evaluates outcomes; works cooperatively with others; demonstrates maturity and willingness to compromise;
• Identifies problems and uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternative solutions and to make recommendations;
• Demonstrates responsible behavior; exercises good judgment in all matters, showing understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern and ability to deal with people who may be difficult, angry, sad, or otherwise distressed; deals calmly and effectively with high stress situations; deals effectively with ambiguity.