This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Life Community Church
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/05/2011
Categories: Facilities Management - Non-ministry Jobs
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
New Life Community Church is looking for a Facilities Manager responsible for the appearance, cleanliness, maintenance and security of our Midway location building and grounds.
• Oversee and coordinate a cleaning team to keep the building and grounds attractive and well maintained.
• Maintain upkeep of grounds, performing basic functions and oversight of landscaping, snow removal, and other maintenance related duties.
• Perform minor repairs, including but not limited to masonry, minor electric, plumbing and temporary repairs in an emergency.
• Supervise grounds and building staff; oversight of evening custodial staff and volunteers.
• Work with program/ministry leaders in coordinating facilities usage in support of work and meeting needs (set up and take down of sanctuary and meeting rooms for classes and meetings), physical resources (i.e. equipment), and managing access to the building.
• Work with the Pastoral Team in the planning and execution of building construction and improvement projects.
• Work with contractors and vendors in the planning of projects, acquisition of proposals and oversight of work performed. Negotiate cost and scheduling needs with contractors when maintenance and repair services are needed.
• Attend building-related meetings regarding policies, needed repairs, significant projects, and events.
• Occasionally coordinate groups of volunteers for certain projects and maintenance to be executed by volunteers.
• Minimum of High School Diploma and 3-5 years in related field.
• Knowledge of basic HVAC and mechanical functions of a large non-residential building.
• Proficiency in basic carpentry and mechanical skills.
• Good organizational and planning skills and a demonstrated ability to lead other employees and volunteers.
• Ability to negotiate with contractors and vendors for facility needs.
• Regular timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours (M-F, 8AM-4PM).
• Available and on call for emergencies.
• Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses; Spanish-speaking a plus.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities.
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should email their resume to email@example.com or mail it to Irene Vasquez, New Life Community Church, 4101 W 51st St, Chicago, IL 60632